Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > General Discussions

Notices

Old 03-29-2024, 05:39 PM   #151
ownedbycats
Custom User Title
ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra H2O, formerly Aura HD
Two of my favourite (and infrequently-updated) fanfics got an update in the same day!
ownedbycats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2024, 02:29 PM   #152
ownedbycats
Custom User Title
ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I find it slightly amusing to browse the Kobo daily deals in the middle of April and come across Christmas-themed books.
Advert
Old 04-23-2024, 08:51 AM   #153
astrangerhere
Professor of Law
astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Elipsa, Kobo Libra H20, Kobo Aura One, KoboMini
Quote:
Originally Posted by leebase View Post
What a cool genre that I'd never heard of or thought of before
It remains an absolute joy and delight to me. I am very slowly working my way through the newly edited edition of The Letters of Emily Dickinson that came out earlier this month. I've now started collecting books of letters, as they are not as easy to find.
astrangerhere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2024, 01:31 PM   #154
ownedbycats
Custom User Title

A book I'm currently reading had a note at the beginning that they're using a custom font and to switch to Default/Publisher to see it. I like being told this instead of having to find out for myself.
Old 04-23-2024, 01:41 PM   #155
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by ownedbycats View Post
A book I'm currently reading had a note at the beginning that they're using a custom font and to switch to Default/Publisher to see it. I like being told this instead of having to find out for myself.
Is the font any good? That's the main problem is that most embedded fonts are rubbish. Some books I've read/will read are using Times New Roman and some other awful font. Of course they get stripped out.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-23-2024, 01:55 PM   #156
ownedbycats
Custom User Title

Alegreya
Old 04-23-2024, 02:24 PM   #157
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Not bad looking. But is it needed?
Old 04-23-2024, 02:26 PM   #158
Sirtel
Grand Sorcerer
Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage & Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
Not bad looking. But is it needed?
It's often used for chapter headings in the books built with Vellum.
Sirtel is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2024, 02:27 PM   #159
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirtel View Post
It's often used for chapter headings in the books built with Vellum.
That answers my question. It's not needed.
Old 04-23-2024, 02:31 PM   #160
Renate
Wizard
Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook NST, Glow2, 3, 4, '21, Kobo Aura2, Poke3, Poke5
Quote:
Meh. I don't like the overblown serifs or the W shorter than h in "Where".
Renate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2024, 02:45 PM   #161
ownedbycats
Custom User Title

Considering how many books don't bother with custom fonts (99% of my books I set to 'publisher default' and get Georgia) I just like knowing that its there.
Old 04-23-2024, 03:50 PM   #162
Sirtel
Grand Sorcerer
Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage & Libra 2
Quote:
Considering how many books don't bother with custom fonts (99% of my books I set to 'publisher default' and get Georgia) I just like knowing that its there.
I never use publisher default. Epubs display custom fonts out of the box and kepubs display them with a patch. So I can use my favorites for body font and see the rest anyway if they're there.
Sirtel is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2024, 03:52 PM   #163
ownedbycats
Custom User Title

I usually use Rakuten Serif.
Old 04-23-2024, 03:52 PM   #164
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Quote:
I was under the impression that unless you are reading on an Amazon Kindle, that note is useless.

Last edited by DNSB; 04-23-2024 at 03:59 PM.
DNSB is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2024, 07:28 AM   #165
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon

If the fonts embedded are not for the main body text, I'll decide if I want any of them. But for the body text, I've hardly ever seen anything useful.