Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Fictionwise eBookwise

Notices

Old 04-18-2009, 01:01 AM   #1
hunter505
hunter505 began at the beginning.

Device: eBookwise 1150
Using the Librarian is like chewing old gum!

Why does the Librarian have so much potential, yet works so poorly? I have found out how to drag books into the list and to rename them so I can actually read the titles and author. Then when I connect my eBook and tell it to load the books in the library, it loads 1 book, but when I tap the next book it tells me "The book has not been copied to your eBook; trying the operation again may help." I have tried each book multiple times. I have tried turning off the eBook and turning it back on, I have tried unplugging the eBook from the USB cable and plugging it back in. Why would 1 book work fine but the other 5 not work? They work fine if I read them from the memory card (But the titles are all "HP Authorized User")
hunter505 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2009, 04:46 PM   #2
Jadon
Hermit
Jadon can eat soup with a fork.Jadon can eat soup with a fork.Jadon can eat soup with a fork.Jadon can eat soup with a fork.Jadon can eat soup with a fork.Jadon can eat soup with a fork.Jadon can eat soup with a fork.Jadon can eat soup with a fork.Jadon can eat soup with a fork.Jadon can eat soup with a fork.Jadon can eat soup with a fork.

Device: Kindle Keyboard, Kobo Glo
Best guess? Your books are using the same internal ID number. It depends on how you create the books, whether it automatically assigns new numbers or not. (I used GemPub, which doesn't, and would get loading problems when I forgot to generate a new ID.)

[Past tense because my 1150 has died, and I'm currently getting by on audiobooks, radio shows, and on-monitor reading.]
Jadon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2009, 08:36 PM   #3
sassanik
Guru
sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB1150, iPhone, Cool-er Purple, Pocketbook 360, Kindle Fire
open files

Did you make sure you were not looking at the file in Librarian? I have had that problem before.

I don't use the drag and drop method, instead I select it from the list with the stylus, not sure if that will help or not.

Is it the full verision of Librarian or the free trial one?

I hope you are able to figure it out!

Amy
sassanik is offline   Reply With Quote