Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 04-05-2023, 12:35 AM   #1
Morgenmuffel
Morgenmuffel began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Nia
Battery Questions

Greetings All

I have a sony reader PRS-T2 and the battery is not working, it looks like he previous owner had tried to bypass the oveheat capacitor? that goes faulty.

Anyway the battery needs replacing, is it a simple matter of getting the correct battery and soldering it in?

Also where do you view the battery status, as when i click on the battery icon it brings up wifi.

Thanks in Advance
Morgenmuffel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2023, 04:04 AM   #2
SomeSteve
Addict
SomeSteve ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SomeSteve ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SomeSteve ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SomeSteve ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SomeSteve ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SomeSteve ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SomeSteve ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SomeSteve ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SomeSteve ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SomeSteve ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SomeSteve ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-T2, Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by Morgenmuffel View Post
I have a sony reader PRS-T2 and the battery is not working ...

Also where do you view the battery status, as when i click on the battery icon it brings up wifi.
I think the battery icon is all there is and that you can't check the status anywhere else. All you get is the approximate remaining charge with the number of segments showing on the icon, unless it's on the charger and changes from the charging symbol to 100%.

In case you're not aware of it, and don't have a user guide, there's one here:

https://helpguide.sony.net/gbmig/444...eng/index.html

Last edited by SomeSteve; 04-06-2023 at 04:07 AM.
SomeSteve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2023, 06:25 AM   #3
Ghitulescu
Fanatic
Ghitulescu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ghitulescu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ghitulescu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ghitulescu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ghitulescu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ghitulescu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ghitulescu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ghitulescu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ghitulescu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ghitulescu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ghitulescu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-T1
Battery indicator is only shown once the device is booting up into the main menu. Or getting into the main manu from the rest of its activities (reading the books, etc.).
The symbol is not shown elsewhere, in particular when reading the book, which sometimes causes some nerves when it shuts down for battery empty reasons

The battery cannot be simply soldered out/in for it uses a flatcable. It needs some special tools and skills and a battery that fits the Sony. I did not open my T2 so the info I got comes from internet.

However, make sure you use the right cable to charge it. The Sony is extremely picky about the cable and the charger - one needs the right combination, or use a Sony/Samsung branded cable and use the computer. It may wake up from dead.
Ghitulescu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2023, 09:34 PM   #4
rcentros
eReader Wrangler
rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB HD3, GL3, Tolino Vision 4, Voyage, Clara HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Morgenmuffel View Post
Anyway the battery needs replacing, is it a simple matter of getting the correct battery and soldering it in?
I think so, so long as you have the right battery (with its little connected circuit board). In the U.S. these batteries are widely available on eBay or Amazon. My biggest issue would be the soldering. I never was good at it.
rcentros is offline   Reply With Quote