Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 03-29-2023, 07:06 PM   #1
Loyd
Loyd My eyes! My eyes! The light is just too bright!Loyd My eyes! My eyes! The light is just too bright!Loyd My eyes! My eyes! The light is just too bright!Loyd My eyes! My eyes! The light is just too bright!Loyd My eyes! My eyes! The light is just too bright!Loyd My eyes! My eyes! The light is just too bright!Loyd My eyes! My eyes! The light is just too bright!Loyd My eyes! My eyes! The light is just too bright!Loyd My eyes! My eyes! The light is just too bright!Loyd My eyes! My eyes! The light is just too bright!Loyd My eyes! My eyes! The light is just too bright!

Device: none
Replace damaged screen of Kindle 10th gen (KT4) with PW3 screen

Hi,

As the title indicates, I am looking for advice on how to replace the broken screen of my kindle basic KT4 with the functional one of my kindle pw3.

Indeed, with this I have the possibility with the KT4 to have more memory (8go), and listening to audio books (bleutooth).

Thanks a lot in advance for any advice or information.
Loyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2023, 04:46 AM   #2
katadelos
rm -rf /
katadelos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.katadelos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.katadelos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.katadelos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.katadelos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.katadelos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.katadelos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.katadelos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.katadelos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.katadelos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.katadelos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K5, KT, KT2, KT3, KT4, KV, PW2, PW3, PW4, PW5
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loyd View Post
Hi,

As the title indicates, I am looking for advice on how to replace the broken screen of my kindle basic KT4 with the functional one of my kindle pw3.

Indeed, with this I have the possibility with the KT4 to have more memory (8go), and listening to audio books (bleutooth).

Thanks a lot in advance for any advice or information.
They're 2 entirely separate parts so the simple answer is, you don't.
katadelos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2023, 04:50 AM   #3
Quoth
the rook, bossing Never.
Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: All 4 Kinds: epub eink, Kindle, android eink, NxtPaper11
Very unlikely to be possible.
You can only replace the screen of a broken phone, tablet or ereader with the same model and it has no affect on any other feature.

Also the BT and memory are on the main PCB, not the screen.
Of course it might be possible to fit the entire insides of a PW3 inside a KT4 case, but I can't see what that will achieve.

1) A Kindle Basic 4 is a different ereader, somewhat like a PW3.
2) A Kindle 4 has a square button and 2 round buttons either side,
3) The similar era Kindle Touch (gen 4) has a single square button at the bottom.
It's not clear which model you mean.

A PW3 PCB can't connect to the buttons.
Quoth is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
kt4, pw3, screen