Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > Kindle Formats

Notices

Old 11-30-2021, 05:27 PM   #16
Little.Egret
Wizard
Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Keyboard 3G, Kindle Fire 2, NOOK ST, Kindle HDX, Fire 7"
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hitch View Post
Oh, right, I remember that (now that you brought it up). Good call, jhowell!

Hitch
It 's a bit odd. If I deliver to a Fire or Kindle over Wi-Fi then there is no charge for a later 3G delivery to my 3G Kindle.
Little.Egret is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2021, 05:49 PM   #17
Little.Egret
Wizard
Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by j.p.s View Post
You can search by asin on amazon. I don't see any way around searching somewhere.
Generate a Url using thr Asin something like this and Amazon gors straight there

https://smile.amazon.co.uk/dp/B07L34BL4Z/
Old 11-30-2021, 08:31 PM   #18
Hitch
Bookmaker & Cat Slave
Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K2, iPad, KFire, PPW, Voyage, NookColor. 2 Droid, Oasis, Boox Note2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Little.Egret View Post
It 's a bit odd. If I deliver to a Fire or Kindle over Wi-Fi then there is no charge for a later 3G delivery to my 3G Kindle.
I don't believe that Amazon still charges buyers for downloading fees. Could be wrong of course.

Hitch
Hitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2021, 10:49 PM   #19
Little.Egret
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hitch View Post
I don't believe that Amazon still charges buyers for downloading fees. Could be wrong of course.

Hitch
Not buyers from Amazon but personal documents which include ebooks bought elsewhere

Manage Your Content and Devices/Whispernet Delivery Options

"set the maximum charge for a single personal document sent wirelessly over Whispernet to your Kindle with 3G support. "

I was last charged in Dec 2018
Old 12-01-2021, 08:58 AM   #20
Hitch
Bookmaker & Cat Slave
Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K2, iPad, KFire, PPW, Voyage, NookColor. 2 Droid, Oasis, Boox Note2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Little.Egret View Post
Not buyers from Amazon but personal documents which include ebooks bought elsewhere

Manage Your Content and Devices/Whispernet Delivery Options

"set the maximum charge for a single personal document sent wirelessly over Whispernet to your Kindle with 3G support. "

I was last charged in Dec 2018
Yes, but that's very different than being charged for Amazon-sold books/items. The PDocs service is, after all, a service. :-) People can avoid it simply by using USB or other sideloading options.

Hitch
Hitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2021, 04:30 PM   #21
jgt1942
Connoisseur
jgt1942 began at the beginning.

Device: iPad
It appears that there is no easy way to decipher the darn Kindle name. BUMMER!!

Quote:
Kindle Unlimited authors are compensated based on pages read. So if you borrow a book from Kindle Unlimited and read it outside of the Kindle ecosystem then the author will not be paid by Amazon.
Gee Whiz, this is the PITS. I mainly access books for research and seldom, if ever, read the entire book.

Thanks for the help and suggestions!!
jgt1942 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2021, 08:54 AM   #22
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
There used to be a Windows shell extension (written by someone here at MR) that could show the metadata of kindle books in a file explorer. I have no idea if it still works, but I know it's no longer actively maintained.

EDIT: Last known working download from that thread. The zip includes the source code and an installer.

Last edited by DiapDealer; 12-04-2021 at 09:39 AM.
DiapDealer is offline   Reply With Quote