Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Old 03-16-2021, 04:45 PM   #2161
Boneist
Enthusiast
Boneist doesn't litterBoneist doesn't litterBoneist doesn't litter

Device: Kobo Aura H2O
Hi; I hope this is the right place to report bugs!

I'm blundering around with series info and following an upgrade of Calibre + plugins to the latest versions, I tried to click on "Manage Series Information in device library" and it popped up the following error:

Quote:
calibre, version 5.13.0
ERROR: Unhandled exception: <b>TypeError</b>:series_index() got an unexpected keyword argument 'column'
Code:
calibre 5.13 [64bit]  embedded-python: True is64bit: True
Windows-10-10.0.19041 Windows ('64bit', 'WindowsPE')
('Windows', '10', '10.0.19041')
Python 3.8.5
Windows: ('10', '10.0.19041', '', 'Multiprocessor Free')
Interface language: None
Successfully initialized third party plugins: Goodreads Sync (1, 15, 0) && KePub Input (3, 4, 3) && KePub Metadata Reader (3, 4, 3) && KePub Metadata Writer (3, 4, 3) && KePub Output (3, 4, 4) && Kobo Utilities (2, 12, 3) && KoboTouchExtended (3, 4, 4) && Manage Series (1, 2, 11) && Obok DeDRM (6, 5, 4)
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "calibre_plugins.koboutilities.action", line 1717, in manage_series_on_device
  File "calibre_plugins.koboutilities.action", line 1717, in <listcomp>
  File "calibre_plugins.koboutilities.book", line 41, in __init__
TypeError: series_index() got an unexpected keyword argument 'column'
I'm not sure if I've done anything silly (I changed a few settings here and there yesterday), but I'm pretty sure it was working yesterday when I was on the latest version of Calibre before it went to v5.

I get the same regardless of whether I use the extended or main driver. My device is a Forma.

Last edited by Boneist; 03-16-2021 at 04:52 PM.
Boneist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2021, 06:08 PM   #2162
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boneist View Post
Hi; I hope this is the right place to report bugs!

I'm blundering around with series info and following an upgrade of Calibre + plugins to the latest versions, I tried to click on "Manage Series Information in device library" and it popped up the following error:

Code:
Kobo Utilities (2, 12, 3)
I'm not sure if I've done anything silly (I changed a few settings here and there yesterday), but I'm pretty sure it was working yesterday when I was on the latest version of Calibre before it went to v5.

I get the same regardless of whether I use the extended or main driver. My device is a Forma.
Could you try the beta driver version in message #2159 in this thread and see if the problem is still present.

I'm making an assumption that if this worked for you previously, the driver and metadata update configuration is okay.

Last edited by DNSB; 03-16-2021 at 06:19 PM.
DNSB is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2021, 06:16 PM   #2163
Boneist
Enthusiast
Boneist doesn't litterBoneist doesn't litterBoneist doesn't litter

Device: Kobo Aura H2O
Quote:
Originally Posted by DNSB View Post
Could you try the beta driver version in message #2159 in this thread and see if the problem is still present.
Same error:

Code:
calibre, version 5.13.0
ERROR: Unhandled exception: <b>TypeError</b>:series_index() got an unexpected keyword argument 'column'

Python 3.8.5
Successfully initialized third party plugins: Goodreads Sync (1, 15, 0) && KePub Input (3, 4, 3) && KePub Metadata Reader (3, 4, 3) && KePub Metadata Writer (3, 4, 3) && KePub Output (3, 4, 4) && Kobo Utilities (2, 12, 6) && KoboTouchExtended (3, 4, 4) && Manage Series (1, 2, 11) && Obok DeDRM (6, 5, 4)
  File "calibre_plugins.koboutilities.action", line 1811, in manage_series_on_device
  File "calibre_plugins.koboutilities.action", line 1811, in <listcomp>
Boneist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2021, 07:01 PM   #2164
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Check that the database is not corrupt. There is an option to do this in Kobo Utilities.

Last edited by JSWolf; 03-16-2021 at 07:10 PM.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2021, 07:05 PM   #2165
ownedbycats
Custom User Title
ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra H2O, formerly Aura HD
How would an invalid ePub cause a error that involves the database?

Last edited by ownedbycats; 03-16-2021 at 07:07 PM.
ownedbycats is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2021, 09:59 PM   #2166
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Quote:
Originally Posted by ownedbycats View Post
How would an invalid ePub cause a error that involves the database?
Given series information is stored in the database, a corrupt database could cause an issue though I personally think it is rather unlikely. I tend more to the theory that his series setup in the driver configuration was modified and needs to be redone.
DNSB is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2021, 09:16 AM   #2167
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boneist View Post
Same error:

Code:
calibre, version 5.13.0

Python 3.8.5
Successfully initialized third party plugins: Goodreads Sync (1, 15, 0) && KePub Input (3, 4, 3) && KePub Metadata Reader (3, 4, 3) && KePub Metadata Writer (3, 4, 3) && KePub Output (3, 4, 4) && Kobo Utilities (2, 12, 6) && KoboTouchExtended (3, 4, 4) && Manage Series (1, 2, 11) && Obok DeDRM (6, 5, 4)
  File "calibre_plugins.koboutilities.action", line 1811, in manage_series_on_device
  File "calibre_plugins.koboutilities.action", line 1811, in <listcomp>
It looks like a bug that got in when I did some work on the Manage series dialog late last year. I'll try and get a fix out over the weekend.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2021, 09:26 AM   #2168
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Update to version 2.13.0

I have just release version 2.13.0 of the plugin. This is mainly a bug fix release with the following changes:
  • Change: Change how books are queued when automatically fetching reading locations.
  • Change: Sort the results when getting the reading locations.
  • New: Choose colour used for letterboxing in covers.
  • Fix: Fix handling of epub locations for recent firmware.
  • Fix: Error in Manage series on device.

Most of these changes have been in the betas so far this year.

The change for the cover update uses function in calibre version 5.12. If you are using an older version of calibre, there will be no change in the cover upload.

Calibre will announce the update is available in the next hour or so. And if there are any problems, please report them here.
Old 03-19-2021, 03:39 AM   #2169
ownedbycats
Custom User Title
ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra H2O, formerly Aura HD
Would it be very much difficulty/effort to implement a saved font column for saving/restoring bookmarks? I find myself manually setting the fonts every time I update one of my in-progress fanfics. (Granted, depending on how close the ToC refresh in KoboTouchExtended is I am hoping I won't need to do this much longer.)
ownedbycats is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2021, 12:31 PM   #2170
Quoth
the rook, bossing Never.
Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: All 4 Kinds: epub eink, Kindle, android eink, NxtPaper11
Quote:
Update to version 2.13.0
Working great on my Mint 20.1, Calibre 5.13

Most use is importing annotations for one book or updating several on the Kobo.

Thanks!
Quoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2021, 09:23 PM   #2171
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ownedbycats View Post
Would it be very much difficulty/effort to implement a saved font column for saving/restoring bookmarks? I find myself manually setting the fonts every time I update one of my in-progress fanfics. (Granted, depending on how close the ToC refresh in KoboTouchExtended is I am hoping I won't need to do this much longer.)
It wouldn't be that hard, but it would be a reasonable amount of work to get right. Honestly, I think it would be overkill for what you describe.

Firstly, I always find it strange how much emphasis people put on being able to set the font. I basically use two settings, one for all epubs, the other for all kepubs. If I swap format, I accept that I have to change sizes. Sometimes, after swapping, I close the book, go back to the previous and adjust the font so it is saved, then open the new book and adjust the font.

That does mean a little preparation. I will edit the books books to remove any base paragraph size. Or make sure it is 1em if that is easier. I have a couple of standard stylesheets. One is used with FFF downloaded books. The other is either use as a store for common classes I uses, or appended to the end of the stylesheet in the book while I clean it up.

For FFF sourced books, I would have thought that at most you would need one font setting per site. I could see using a different stylesheet for for each site, but, I would still expect the base site to be normalized.

And I forgot, the ToC update is the next thing on my plate. I have it working for both epubs and kepubs. I need to integrate it into the Kobo Utilities plugin and decide on an option or two.

Last edited by davidfor; 03-19-2021 at 09:26 PM.
Old 03-27-2021, 07:41 AM   #2172
itsmir
Enthusiast
itsmir 's soul has travelled the oceans between the stars.itsmir 's soul has travelled the oceans between the stars.itsmir 's soul has travelled the oceans between the stars.itsmir 's soul has travelled the oceans between the stars.itsmir 's soul has travelled the oceans between the stars.itsmir 's soul has travelled the oceans between the stars.itsmir 's soul has travelled the oceans between the stars.itsmir 's soul has travelled the oceans between the stars.itsmir 's soul has travelled the oceans between the stars.itsmir 's soul has travelled the oceans between the stars.itsmir 's soul has travelled the oceans between the stars.

Device: Kobo Glo HD
Reading position not updating on connect

Hello,

I upgraded calibre to v5.14 (from 5.12) this morning and now my reading progress info (percent read & last read time) is not updating in Calibre when I connect my device. The job "storing Reading positions" runs without error in the job log.

Device is Kobo Glo HD (latest firmware)
I've checked the database and get an 'OK'
Kobo Utilities v2.13

If I manually "Store Bookmark" all works as expected.

Any pointers to resolving this would be gratefully received.
Thanks!
itsmir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2021, 11:13 AM   #2173
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
I might have hit the same thing as @itsmir:

Code:
DEBUG:    0.0 ----------- _store_bookmarks - top of loop -----------
DEBUG:    0.0 _store_bookmarks - Current book: American Gods: The Tenth Anniversary Edition - Neil Gaiman
DEBUG:    0.0 _store_bookmarks - contentIds='['file:///mnt/onboard/Gaiman, Neil/American Gods_ The Tenth Anniversary Edition - Neil Gaiman.epub', '5a22ded1-b9be-4b07-aa45-07035abb7b63']'
DEBUG:    0.0 _store_bookmarks - contentId='file:///mnt/onboard/Gaiman, Neil/American Gods_ The Tenth Anniversary Edition - Neil Gaiman.epub'
DEBUG:    0.0 _store_bookmarks - device_status='None'
DEBUG:    0.0 _store_bookmarks - result='{'ChapterIDBookmarked': None, 'adobe_location': None, 'ReadStatus': 0, '___PercentRead': 0, 'Attribution': 'Neil Gaiman', 'DateLastRead': None, 'Title': 'American Gods: The Tenth Anniversary Edition', 'MimeType': 'application/epub+zip', 'Rating': None, 'ContentID': 'file:///mnt/onboard/Gaiman, Neil/American Gods_ The Tenth Anniversary Edition - Neil Gaiman.epub'}'
DEBUG:    0.0 _store_bookmarks - device_status is None
DEBUG:    0.0 _store_bookmarks - contentId='5a22ded1-b9be-4b07-aa45-07035abb7b63'
DEBUG:    0.0 _store_bookmarks - device_status='{'ChapterIDBookmarked': None, 'adobe_location': None, 'ReadStatus': 0, '___PercentRead': 0, 'Attribution': 'Neil Gaiman', 'DateLastRead': None, 'Title': 'American Gods: The Tenth Anniversary Edition', 'MimeType': 'application/epub+zip', 'Rating': None, 'ContentID': 'file:///mnt/onboard/Gaiman, Neil/American Gods_ The Tenth Anniversary Edition - Neil Gaiman.epub'}'
DEBUG:    0.0 _store_bookmarks - result='{'ChapterIDBookmarked': 'OEBPS/text/9780062109590_frontmatterpage01.xhtml#kobo.1.1', 'adobe_location': '5a22ded1-b9be-4b07-aa45-07035abb7b63', 'ReadStatus': 1, '___PercentRead': 0, 'Attribution': 'Neil Gaiman', 'DateLastRead': '2020-09-16T23:37:25Z', 'Title': 'American Gods: The Tenth Anniversary Edition', 'MimeType': 'application/x-kobo-epub+zip', 'Rating': None, 'ContentID': '5a22ded1-b9be-4b07-aa45-07035abb7b63'}'
DEBUG:    0.0 _store_bookmarks - result['DateLastRead'] is not None
DEBUG:    0.0 True
DEBUG:    0.0 True
DEBUG:    0.0 False
DEBUG:    0.0 _store_bookmarks - TypeError for: contentID='5a22ded1-b9be-4b07-aa45-07035abb7b63'
DEBUG:    0.0 _store_bookmarks - device_status='{'ChapterIDBookmarked': None, 'adobe_location': None, 'ReadStatus': 0, '___PercentRead': 0, 'Attribution': 'Neil Gaiman', 'DateLastRead': None, 'Title': 'American Gods: The Tenth Anniversary Edition', 'MimeType': 'application/epub+zip', 'Rating': None, 'ContentID': 'file:///mnt/onboard/Gaiman, Neil/American Gods_ The Tenth Anniversary Edition - Neil Gaiman.epub'}'
DEBUG:    0.0 _store_bookmarks - database result='{'ChapterIDBookmarked': 'OEBPS/text/9780062109590_frontmatterpage01.xhtml#kobo.1.1', 'adobe_location': '5a22ded1-b9be-4b07-aa45-07035abb7b63', 'ReadStatus': 1, '___PercentRead': 0, 'Attribution': 'Neil Gaiman', 'DateLastRead': '2020-09-16T23:37:25Z', 'Title': 'American Gods: The Tenth Anniversary Edition', 'MimeType': 'application/x-kobo-epub+zip', 'Rating': None, 'ContentID': '5a22ded1-b9be-4b07-aa45-07035abb7b63'}'

File "/usr/bin/calibre-parallel", line 23, in <module>
    sys.exit(main())
  File "/usr/lib64/calibre/calibre/utils/ipc/worker.py", line 216, in main
    result = func(*args, **kwargs)
  File "/usr/lib64/calibre/calibre/utils/ipc/worker.py", line 131, in arbitrary
    return func(*args, **kwargs)
  File "calibre_plugins.koboutilities.jobs", line 354, in do_store_locations_all
  File "calibre_plugins.koboutilities.jobs", line 445, in _store_bookmarks
TypeError: '>' not supported between instances of 'str' and 'NoneType'
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2021, 02:42 AM   #2174
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

Update to version 2.13.1

I have just released an update to the plugin. This is to fix the error reported by @itsmir and @NiLuJe when fetching the reading status in the background. This only happened when there was more than one copy of a book on the device and one had not been opened. There are no other changes in the plugin.

The changes are:
  • Fix: Error fetching reading status when there are multiple copies of the book on the device and the first has not been opened.

The update will be announce by calibre in the next hour or so. If there are any issues, please report them here.
Old 03-28-2021, 04:46 AM   #2175
itsmir
Enthusiast
itsmir 's soul has travelled the oceans between the stars.itsmir 's soul has travelled the oceans between the stars.itsmir 's soul has travelled the oceans between the stars.itsmir 's soul has travelled the oceans between the stars.itsmir 's soul has travelled the oceans between the stars.itsmir 's soul has travelled the oceans between the stars.itsmir 's soul has travelled the oceans between the stars.itsmir 's soul has travelled the oceans between the stars.itsmir 's soul has travelled the oceans between the stars.itsmir 's soul has travelled the oceans between the stars.itsmir 's soul has travelled the oceans between the stars.

Device: Kobo Glo HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post
I have just released an update to the plugin. This is to fix the error reported by @itsmir and @NiLuJe when fetching the reading status in the background. This only happened when there was more than one copy of a book on the device and one had not been opened. There are no other changes in the plugin.

The changes are:
  • Fix: Error fetching reading status when there are multiple copies of the book on the device and the first has not been opened.

The update will be announce by calibre in the next hour or so. If there are any issues, please report them here.
That's sorted it! Many Thanks for such a fast resolution David.
itsmir is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
kobo, kobo utilities