Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Old 12-28-2020, 10:16 AM   #2071
123kajote
123kajote began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS 600, Kobo Aura H2O
OK, thanks..
I do understand it more and more.. good sugestions.. so I used this in subtitle field: {pubdate:format_date(yyyy)}

works ok,

Cry Baby
Tom Thorne - 17
Mark Bilingham

also I do have many books on my reader, before Time that I used proper procedure (get metadata), then everything else...

this books now are display the message: BAD DATE

Cry Baby
BAD DATE
Tom Thorne - 17
Mark Bilingham

is there a option to not display this message but leave it blank if non existing?

I am enjoying Calibre and my ereader every Day more and more..

thanks, mate from down under..!
(I was corrected by my Kid - sorry for error before - mate! )

Joze, Slovenia
123kajote is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2020, 06:43 PM   #2072
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by 123kajote View Post
OK, thanks..
I do understand it more and more.. good sugestions.. so I used this in subtitle field: {pubdate:format_date(yyyy)}

works ok,

Cry Baby
Tom Thorne - 17
Mark Bilingham

also I do have many books on my reader, before Time that I used proper procedure (get metadata), then everything else...

this books now are display the message: BAD DATE

Cry Baby
BAD DATE
Tom Thorne - 17
Mark Bilingham

is there a option to not display this message but leave it blank if non existing?

I am enjoying Calibre and my ereader every Day more and more..
What does the published date show for books with that error? I don't know how you can get the published date to something invalid. And without knowing, I would have to guess on how to fix the template.

But, rather than fiddling with the template, I would suggest fixing the date. The best way would be to put the correct date in. But, as that would take time, the simplest way is to clear the date where it is wrong. In calibre, select all the books with a bad publishing date. Then click the metadata editor button. This will open the bulk metadata editor. On the right side of the "Published" field, there is a recycle button. Press that. When you save the changes the published date will be cleared for all these books.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2020, 06:14 AM   #2073
NLT
NLT began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura
Hello,

First of all thanks for the work on this plugin.

The ebook-reader-dict has the great idea of providing dictionaries based on the data from Wiktionaries.
These dictionaries are automatically updated via a Github bot as soon as a new wiktionary dump is available.

Would it be possible to automate the update of the Kobo dictionaries via the plugin when the e-reader is connected ?

Installing the dictionary is relatively simple: copy the file as is into the .kobo/custom-dict folder of the eReader (or .kobo/dict if you are using firmware <4.24).
NLT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2020, 07:21 AM   #2074
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NLT View Post
Hello,

First of all thanks for the work on this plugin.

The ebook-reader-dict has the great idea of providing dictionaries based on the data from Wiktionaries.
These dictionaries are automatically updated via a Github bot as soon as a new wiktionary dump is available.

Would it be possible to automate the update of the Kobo dictionaries via the plugin when the e-reader is connected ?

Installing the dictionary is relatively simple: copy the file as is into the .kobo/custom-dict folder of the eReader (or .kobo/dict if you are using firmware <4.24).
Sorry, that is something I am completely uninterested in doing. If someone wants to do it, I will consider adding it to the plugin, but, I have no need to do this myself. The current dictionaries work extremely well for me.
Old 01-01-2021, 03:17 PM   #2075
ownedbycats
Custom User Title
ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra H2O, formerly Aura HD
I'm not sure whether to post this here or in the Kobo forums, but:

After updating multiple fanfics and restoring the bookmarks, is there any faster way to re-generate all the now-incorrect read percentages and absent "time left to read" without opening and closing each book individually? thank you.

Last edited by ownedbycats; 01-01-2021 at 06:47 PM.
ownedbycats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2021, 10:14 PM   #2076
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ownedbycats View Post
I'm not sure whether to post this here or in the Kobo forums, but:

After updating multiple fanfics and restoring the bookmarks, is there any faster way to re-generate all the now-incorrect read percentages and absent "time left to read" without opening and closing each book individually? thank you.
Not that I know of. It would probably need something to hook into the open book process on the device to do all the calculations without actually opening the book fully.

And I have been working on the code to update the ToC for kepubs. Unfortunately, I think I have discovered a problem related to the percent read that will make it impractical. Or, at the very best, either not possible to do in one pass, or very slow. And it is already pretty slow.
Old 01-02-2021, 01:39 PM   #2077
ownedbycats
Custom User Title
ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Honestly, I'll just be glad if it means I don't have to keep unplugging my device only to immediately plug it back in.
Old 01-03-2021, 06:15 AM   #2078
Terisa de morgan
Grand Sorcerer
Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara/Aura One/Forma,XiaoMI 5, iPad, Huawei MediaPad, YotaPhone 2
Quote:
Honestly, I'll just be glad if it means I don't have to keep unplugging my device only to immediately plug it back in.
If you look at NickelMenu, you will find that it's possible to add an option to reconnect the ereader with unpplugging and plugging it. Now, my steps are:
  1. SmartEject
  2. Menu -> Connect USB (in device)

And it's not necessary to touch the cord.
Terisa de morgan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2021, 06:38 AM   #2079
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Terisa de morgan View Post
If you look at NickelMenu, you will find that it's possible to add an option to reconnect the ereader with unpplugging and plugging it. Now, my steps are:
  1. SmartEject

It's one of the best features of NickelMenu.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2021, 08:14 AM   #2080
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
I worked out how to handle the problem I have. I am still validating this against what Kobo does, but, I'm pretty sure it matches.

For the others, this is code to update the ToC entries in the database after sending a changed book. I have had this working for epubs for a while, but, have been writing the code for kepubs in the last few days. This will allow books with modified ToC and internal files to be sent and then update the ToC without disconnecting the device. For cases like @ownedbycats has been talking about, books downloaded using FFF where extra chapters are being added, this will allow the book to be updated without losing the reading position and any annotations.
Old 01-03-2021, 03:39 PM   #2081
ownedbycats
Custom User Title

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terisa de morgan View Post
  1. SmartEject

I tried installing NickelMenu for that, but I couldn't work out how to actually get the option to appear on the menu.
Old 01-03-2021, 04:21 PM   #2082
Terisa de morgan
Grand Sorcerer
Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara/Aura One/Forma,XiaoMI 5, iPad, Huawei MediaPad, YotaPhone 2
Do you have the menu in the ereader? My configuration for that is:

menu_item:main:Conectar USB:nickel_misc:force_usb_connection
Terisa de morgan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2021, 07:53 AM   #2083
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

Update to version 2.12.0

I have just released version 2.12.0 of the plugin. This is collection of fixes to problems found since the last releases, some performance changes and one new function.

The changes are:
  • Fix: Not updating series info properly if the series number in the database is null.
  • Fix: Error in Manage Series on device if the book selected had a series, but no series index.
  • Fix: Add some more logging in reading status fetch.
  • Fix: Handle when percent read column doesn't exist when storing the bookmark.
  • Fix: Update code in store bookmark when not run in background.
  • Fix: Python 3 error slipped through when updating the foreground store bookmark.
  • Fix: Fix handling when location is null on device but not in library.
  • New: Add function to set the time on the device.
  • Fix: Disable "Clear if unread" if "Not if finished in library" is selected.
  • Fix: Another change to the handling when book is finished.

All of these changes are in the beta's I have released since the last actual release.

Calibre will announce the update in the next hour or so. If there are any problems, please report them here.
Old 01-05-2021, 09:17 AM   #2084
Sonofrobot
Connoisseur
Sonofrobot is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Sonofrobot is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Sonofrobot is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Sonofrobot is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Sonofrobot is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Sonofrobot is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Sonofrobot is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Sonofrobot is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Sonofrobot is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Sonofrobot is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Sonofrobot is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.

Device: Kobo Forma
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post
I have just released version 2.12.0 of the plugin. This is collection of fixes to problems found since the last releases, some performance changes and one new function.

The changes are:
  • Fix: Not updating series info properly if the series number in the database is null.
  • Fix: Error in Manage Series on device if the book selected had a series, but no series index.
  • Fix: Add some more logging in reading status fetch.
  • Fix: Handle when percent read column doesn't exist when storing the bookmark.
  • Fix: Update code in store bookmark when not run in background.
  • Fix: Python 3 error slipped through when updating the foreground store bookmark.
  • Fix: Fix handling when location is null on device but not in library.
  • New: Add function to set the time on the device.
  • Fix: Disable "Clear if unread" if "Not if finished in library" is selected.
  • Fix: Another change to the handling when book is finished.

All of these changes are in the beta's I have released since the last actual release.

Calibre will announce the update in the next hour or so. If there are any problems, please report them here.
I'm getting the following error when trying to store reading progress from device after updating to latest version:

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "calibre_plugins.koboutilities.action", line 986, in handle_bookmarks
File "calibre_plugins.koboutilities.action", line 1213, in store_current_bookmark
File "calibre_plugins.koboutilities.action", line 4129, in _store_current_bookmark
KeyError: ''

On connect and prompt to store new reading progress I get a slightly different error:

calibre, version 5.8.1
ERROR: Unhandled exception: <b>TypeError</b>:'NoneType' object is not subscriptable

calibre 5.8.1 embedded-python: True is64bit: False
Windows-10-10.0.17763 Windows ('32bit', 'WindowsPE')
32bit process running on 64bit windows
('Windows', '10', '10.0.17763')
Python 3.8.5
Windows: ('10', '10.0.17763', '', 'Multiprocessor Free')
Interface language: None
Successfully initialized third party plugins: Count Pages (1, 11, 0) && Find Duplicates (1, 8, 3) && Goodreads Sync (1, 15, 0) && Set KFX metadata (from KFX Output) (1, 47, 0) && KFX Output (1, 47, 0) && KOReader Sync (0, 1, 2) && KePub Metadata Reader (3, 2, 9) && KePub Metadata Writer (3, 2, 12) && Kobo Utilities (2, 12, 0) && KoboTouchExtended (3, 4, 2) && Quality Check (1, 11, 0)
File "calibre\gui2\__init__.py", line 497, in dispatch
File "calibre_plugins.koboutilities.action", line 2264, in _store_completed
File "calibre_plugins.koboutilities.action", line 2558, in _update_database_columns
TypeError: 'NoneType' object is not subscriptable
Sonofrobot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2021, 12:54 PM   #2085
jwilker
Connoisseur
jwilker once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.jwilker once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.jwilker once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.jwilker once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.jwilker once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.jwilker once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.jwilker once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.jwilker once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.jwilker once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.jwilker once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.jwilker once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: Libra H2O
I get the same error (below in case anything is different)

calibre, version 5.8.1
ERROR: Unhandled exception: <b>TypeError</b>:'NoneType' object is not subscriptable

calibre 5.8.1 embedded-python: True is64bit: True
macOS-10.16-x86_64-i386-64bit Darwin ('64bit', '')
('Darwin', '20.2.0', 'Darwin Kernel Version 20.2.0: Wed Dec 2 20:39:59 PST 2020; root:xnu-7195.60.75~1/RELEASE_X86_64')
Python 3.8.5
OSX: ('10.16', ('', '', ''), 'x86_64')
Interface language: None
Successfully initialized third party plugins: DeDRM (7, 0, 0) && Goodreads Sync (1, 15, 0) && KePub Output (3, 4, 2) && Kobo Books (1, 8, 0) && Kobo Utilities (2, 12, 0) && KoboTouchExtended (3, 4, 2) && Prettify Cover (1, 5, 0)
File "calibre/gui2/__init__.py", line 497, in dispatch
File "calibre_plugins.koboutilities.action", line 2264, in _store_completed
self._update_database_columns(modified_epubs_map)
File "calibre_plugins.koboutilities.action", line 2585, in _update_database_columns
debug_print("_update_database_columns - chapterIdBookmark - in library=", book.get_user_metadata(kobo_chapteridbookmarked_co lumn_name, True)['#value#'])
TypeError: 'NoneType' object is not subscriptable
jwilker is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
kobo, kobo utilities