Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Old 08-10-2020, 07:01 PM   #1
tekwrite
Enthusiast
tekwrite began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle HDX
How do I use Library Closed plugin?

All I want to so is use author_sort to sort the author's name as last, first. If I try that in Calibre it says I need a template to add the composite column. How do I do that or how do I use Library Closed plugin which I have installed?
tekwrite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2020, 10:29 AM   #2
DaltonST
Deviser
DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by tekwrite View Post
All I want to so is use author_sort to sort the author's name as last, first. If I try that in Calibre it says I need a template to add the composite column. How do I do that or how do I use Library Closed plugin which I have installed?
First, uninstall your Library-Closed plugin and restart Calibre. That plugin is used for two reasons only:
[1] You also use Calibre Companion on Android or IOS (why it was written in the first place); or,
[2] Regardless of [1], you wish to use the Multi-Column Search plugin for composite/virtual custom columns that do not exist in metadata.db using the special SQL Query Tab that includes a special keyword just for that purpose (see the ToolTips if you are interested). The Library Closed plugin will update the values for composite custom columns in a special table in a special format that MCS can decode and search.

Next, go to Calibre > Preferences > Tweaks and search for the Author Sort tweaks you can specify. Read those ToolTips too. You will then have to have Calibre recalculate all of your Author Sorts in your Library for you.

DaltonST
DaltonST is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
library closed