Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 03-19-2020, 02:07 PM   #1
Scaledish
A friend
Scaledish ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Scaledish ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Scaledish ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Scaledish ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Scaledish ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Scaledish ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Scaledish ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Scaledish ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Scaledish ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Scaledish ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Scaledish ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma
Question Chose ereader install location?

I just claimed my tor.com free book, downloaded, and imported to caliber. was quite seamless. I plugged in my kobo and sent it over. out of curiosity, I looked where it was sent, and it was sent to the root folder under his name. Instead, I want it to be sent to my books folder on the device, because i like organization! how would I do this
Scaledish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2020, 02:31 PM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scaledish View Post
I just claimed my tor.com free book, downloaded, and imported to caliber. was quite seamless. I plugged in my kobo and sent it over. out of curiosity, I looked where it was sent, and it was sent to the root folder under his name. Instead, I want it to be sent to my books folder on the device, because i like organization! how would I do this
Insert the Literal path IN front of the existing Template
Code:
\My Books\{authors} - {title}
slash indicates a folder, The LEADING slash say off the root
the rest is a regular template that you can roll your way
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2020, 02:33 PM   #3
Scaledish
A friend
Scaledish ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Scaledish ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Scaledish ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Scaledish ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Scaledish ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Scaledish ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Scaledish ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Scaledish ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Scaledish ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Scaledish ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Scaledish ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma
Quote:
Originally Posted by theducks View Post
Insert the Literal path IN front of the existing Template
Code:
\My Books\{authors} - {title}
slash indicates a folder, The LEADING slash say off the root
the rest is a regular template that you can roll your way
ok, got it. would this work?
Code:
/Books/Full/{author_sort}/{title} - {authors}

Last edited by Scaledish; 03-19-2020 at 02:40 PM.
Scaledish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2020, 02:41 PM   #4
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scaledish View Post
im sorry, where would I do that?
In the Send To Device Template
Connect the device, THEN right click the Device Icon: Configure
The reason to do it here is Calibre remembers any device connection's configuration.
Preferences: is where things like this get done BEFORE first use. These become DEFAULTS for later FIRST USE.
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2020, 02:51 PM   #5
stumped
Wizard
stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo forma, Kobo Libra, Huawei media Tab, fire HD10, PW3 HDX8.9,
And get the slashes the right way round. The examples in green slant the opposite way to what you wrote.
stumped is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2020, 06:47 PM   #6
sjfan
Addict
sjfan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sjfan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sjfan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sjfan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sjfan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sjfan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sjfan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sjfan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sjfan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sjfan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sjfan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H20, Kobo Clara HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by stumped View Post
And get the slashes the right way round. The examples in green slant the opposite way to what you wrote.
Depends what platform Scaledish is using.

Theducks' examples in green use backslashes ("\") and are only correct on Windows among major platforms.

The POSIX standard—and all other major platforms, including OS X (Mac), iOS, Android, Linux, etc—all use forward slashes ("/") as the path separator, as Scaledish used.
sjfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2020, 10:38 PM   #7
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by sjfan View Post
Depends what platform Scaledish is using.

Theducks' examples in green use backslashes ("\") and are only correct on Windows among major platforms.

The POSIX standard—and all other major platforms, including OS X (Mac), iOS, Android, Linux, etc—all use forward slashes ("/") as the path separator, as Scaledish used.
It doesn't matter. Calibre will convert to the appropriate slash for the OS.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
caliber, forma, kobo