Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Devices

Notices

Old 05-27-2019, 09:59 AM   #1
TheSorrow7
TheSorrow7 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 6th
Books not shown in Kindle App

Hello everyone!
I have tried to look for existing threads about this issue, but I haven't found any. I also hope this is the right place to ask.
I have always used Calibre to send downloaded books on the Kindle Paperwhite without any major issue. On my Kindle I also have books borrowed with the Prime Reading program.
Today, I downloaded the Kindle app for Android, and I realized that only 1/3 (if not less) of the books I have on the device is shown in the app. I can obviously see all the books downloaded with Prime reading, but also some of the ones that I manually added with Calibre. I can see that some of these are labelled as books, others as documents.
I was wondering why I can only see certain books on the app, is it because of the DRMs? Thank you!
TheSorrow7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2019, 10:26 AM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Partial answer:
Kindle (app) does not pass (or sync) non-purchased (or Amazon supplied ) documents between devices. Even if you add the same book to both they will not sync.
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2019, 10:40 AM   #3
TheSorrow7

Ok, but so why do I see on the app some of the downloaded books I have on the device?
Old 05-27-2019, 11:57 AM   #4
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSorrow7 View Post
Ok, but so why do I see on the app some of the downloaded books I have on the device?
How did you 'download'? Where did the books originate?
To sync, Amazon's servers are involved and they ONLY use WiFi/LAN connection or Whispersync. Not USB.

My K4 rarely is online. My PC or Tablet has no clue as to what is on my K4NT, so my K4PC and tablet are also clueless. Calibre does not store what is on a device after it has been attached (You CAN do some actions to save this transient status. ondevice status disappears when the device detaches.
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2019, 12:03 PM   #5
TheSorrow7

The books I "downloaded" originated from websites external to the Kindle Store. I suppose I have synchronized my Kindle contents in some way some day, so that now I have these books on my cloud. Anyway I solved the issue uploading the single files that missed on the phone memory, so that now the app also shows documents and books present on the internal storage. Thanks anyway.