Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 12-02-2018, 12:04 PM   #1
GianniSoZo
GianniSoZo began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Forma
Walmart branding on Forma

Just wondering if all Formas have the Walmart branding on the start screen or if it's only the ones purchased through Walmart. It wasn't on my Aura One that I also bought through Walmart so just wondering.
GianniSoZo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2018, 12:17 PM   #2
MGlitch
Wizard
MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma, Kobo Sage, Kobo Libra 2
If you mean when you register the device, mine did and I bought it from Kobo directly.

I suspect, but can not confirm at this time, that it is either part of their deal with walmart, or it detects via your IP that you are in the US and displays that. My sample size is currently limited to US customers so obviously I don't have enough data to draw a solid conclusion.

If you mean the sleep then this should only be for devices sold by Walmart. It can be changed by editing the affiliate.conf file to a different affiliate. Any, and every, device comes with these graphics installed, they are just set to different affiliates which will cause them to display different things.
MGlitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2018, 12:21 PM   #3
GianniSoZo
GianniSoZo began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Forma
Thank you for answering Mglitch! I will look for the file.
GianniSoZo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2018, 03:19 PM   #4
rcentros
eReader Wrangler
rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB HD3, GL3, Tolino Vision 4, Voyage, Clara HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by MGlitch View Post
I suspect, but can not confirm at this time, that it is either part of their deal with walmart, or it detects via your IP that you are in the US and displays that. ...
I'm guessing it's the IP address because even my old Kobo Touch defaulted to the Walmart login when I reset it. It had never done that before the Kobo deal with Walmart.
rcentros is offline   Reply With Quote