Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > General Discussions

Notices

Old 08-10-2015, 01:37 PM   #91
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Eat one-handed; hold the reader with the other. Certainly my preferred reading device (Kindle Voyage) can be comfortably held and used one-handed.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2015, 07:59 PM   #92
eschwartz
Ex-Helpdesk Junkie
eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Beaten Path, USA, Roundworld, This Side of Infinity
Device: Kindle Touch fw5.3.7 (Wifi only)
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
It would be easy to make such a thing yourself, by covering the ends of chopsticks with the conductive material used in capacitive touchscreen gloves, like these:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Capacitive-S.../dp/B00I0RHSVY
Sorry, that was my being humorous.
eschwartz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2015, 03:38 AM   #93
meeera
Grand Sorcerer
meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, iPadMini4, iPad4, MBP; support other Kobo/Kindles
Quote:
Originally Posted by Purple Lady View Post
What device do you have that doesn't respond to all fingers? I would think it's defective. Also, I use my pinky finger knuckle to turn pages when I eat.
Some people's fingers don't interact well with capacitive touch screens. All of my fingers work on my iPhone, but I'm not one of those people.
meeera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2015, 04:02 AM   #94
Ripplinger
350 Hoarder
Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-350, Kobo Glo & Glo HD, PW2
Quote:
Eat one-handed; hold the reader with the other. Certainly my preferred reading device (Kindle Voyage) can be comfortably held and used one-handed.
With the Sony x50 line of readers with PRS+ installed, you could set the reader to turn the page automatically after xx seconds, which I used quite often when eating something messy that might make my fingers greasy when I still wanted to read. It was a great option that I still miss.
Ripplinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2015, 04:05 AM   #95
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ripplinger View Post
With the Sony x50 line of readers with PRS+ installed, you could set the reader to turn the page automatically after xx seconds, which I used quite often when eating something messy that might make my fingers greasy when I still wanted to read. It was a great option that I still miss.
I've had various device and reading apps that have offered that option, but it just doesn't work for me. I don't read at a uniform rate. I stop and start, and go back and re-read the previous paragraph from time to time.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2015, 04:17 AM   #96
MikeB1972
Gnu
MikeB1972 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MikeB1972 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MikeB1972 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MikeB1972 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MikeB1972 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MikeB1972 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MikeB1972 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MikeB1972 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MikeB1972 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MikeB1972 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MikeB1972 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: BeBook,JetBook Lite,PRS-300-350-505-650,+ran out of space to type
Quote:
Originally Posted by eschwartz View Post
I use my nose while I am chewing.

The obvious problem with your tradition is the requirement to use chopsticks. I can't see such a movement getting very far...
To quote the Lost Boys "how could a billion Chinese people be wrong?"
Fine, use a fork, maybe some kind of softer tip on the non-prong end.

Quote:
Originally Posted by eschwartz View Post
As a matter of professional curiosity, do you know of any chopsticks that incorporate a stylus, for working with capacitive touch screens?
Right, lets patent the chopstick with a stylus stuck to the end.

Hell, lets go apple on it and patent the "object to use a touch screen while eating doing something else"
MikeB1972 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2015, 04:17 AM   #97
MikeB1972
Gnu
MikeB1972 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MikeB1972 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MikeB1972 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MikeB1972 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MikeB1972 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MikeB1972 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MikeB1972 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MikeB1972 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MikeB1972 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MikeB1972 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MikeB1972 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: BeBook,JetBook Lite,PRS-300-350-505-650,+ran out of space to type
Quote:
Well, yes so do I, but sometimes I need to drink and fend the dogs off while eating.
MikeB1972 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
eink