Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Conversion

Notices

Old 02-23-2015, 03:02 PM   #1
lordofazeroth
Connoisseur
lordofazeroth began at the beginning.

Device: kobo mini and kindle touch
Acrobat Text Recognizion for PDF to epub in Calibre

I have a PDF which I would like to read on my kobo mini. Converting with calibre results in a huge epub file with pictures - unreadable.

Assuming Acrobat PDF is able to run Text Recognition successfully: Will Calibre be able to handle the Text-Recognized PDF better?
lordofazeroth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2015, 12:53 AM   #2
eschwartz
Ex-Helpdesk Junkie
eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Beaten Path, USA, Roundworld, This Side of Infinity
Device: Kindle Touch fw5.3.7 (Wifi only)
Text recognition will result in badly-OCRed content that you really don't want to read...
eschwartz is offline   Reply With Quote