Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Conversion

Notices

Old 02-25-2015, 03:58 PM   #1
badbob001
Fanatic
badbob001 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badbob001 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badbob001 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badbob001 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badbob001 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badbob001 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badbob001 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badbob001 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badbob001 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badbob001 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badbob001 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Keyboard (rip), Kindle Voyage, Fire Tablet 10 '17, iPad '19
EPUB -> PDF: prevent image splitting?

When converting from epub to pdf, how do I prevent a large images from being split over multiple pages? Only a small bit of the image is cut off and shown on the next page, but it's annoying. At first I had the output page profile set to my device (voyage) and the images were off-center, blank pages were found between pages, and some images span into the next page. I change the output page profile to LETTER, and the images were correctly centered but there were large margins around the smaller images (but the kindle automatically cropped those out) and the larger images were still split.

It doesn't seem like there are any options in Calibre to resize images to fit the page. I see an option regarding the cover but not images in general. Is it the resolution or the aspect ratio of the image that is causing an issue? PDF is suppose to be resolution independent I think.
badbob001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2015, 10:08 PM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
If you want an image to always occupy all screen space, then use the appropriate markup for it. Copy the markup from the markup used for the cover in any calibre generated epub file. Or if that is too much work, extract the images and zip them up into a cbz file and convert that. There are extensive options under the comic input section to control how images are handled.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote