Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Conversion

Notices

Old 02-20-2015, 01:04 PM   #1
tonyvr4
tonyvr4 has learned how to read e-bookstonyvr4 has learned how to read e-bookstonyvr4 has learned how to read e-bookstonyvr4 has learned how to read e-bookstonyvr4 has learned how to read e-bookstonyvr4 has learned how to read e-bookstonyvr4 has learned how to read e-books

Device: iphone
Convert for two devices

Is it possible to keep an ebook conversion for two devices?

I noticed that the conversion for ipad appears different on a phone and I want to try and make the phone version look better
tonyvr4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2015, 01:46 PM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonyvr4 View Post
Is it possible to keep an ebook conversion for two devices?

I noticed that the conversion for ipad appears different on a phone and I want to try and make the phone version look better
Remove all formatting, that way it will look the same (bad) on both

Use other than the same format. eg Mobi and EPUB for the devices (different viewer required)
Create a second Library for the other device
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2015, 02:02 PM   #3
tonyvr4
tonyvr4 has learned how to read e-bookstonyvr4 has learned how to read e-bookstonyvr4 has learned how to read e-bookstonyvr4 has learned how to read e-bookstonyvr4 has learned how to read e-bookstonyvr4 has learned how to read e-bookstonyvr4 has learned how to read e-books

Device: iphone
Quote:
Originally Posted by theducks View Post
Remove all formatting, that way it will look the same (bad) on both

Use other than the same format. eg Mobi and EPUB for the devices (different viewer required)
Create a second Library for the other device
How do I create a second library?
tonyvr4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2015, 02:40 PM   #4
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonyvr4 View Post
How do I create a second library?
Library (icon): Switch-Create: Create an empty at a new location: be sure (in this case) to tic the box

after you switch back to the original (use the Library icon), you can select books: right-click: copy to Library (I believe 'delete' is NOT wanted )

Note: there is only 1 config folder PER USER logon, so if you want a quick and dirty set of alternate (conversion) settings, Logon as a different user and custom that ones default device (the welcome wizard).

IMHO
A lot of work just to squint at a phone
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote