PablitoG
PablitoG began at the beginning.

Device: iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hitch View Post
Yeah, Kovid:

What the hell would YOU know, anyway?

Hitch
Great marketing skills Hitch. And, very helpful also.
PablitoG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2014, 05:44 AM   #17
PablitoG

Quote:
Originally Posted by BetterRed View Post
@PablitoG - Try Lucidor - it claims EPUB 3.0 support - I does have annotations, not sure about embedded media - it needs firefox.

BR
After reviewing this list: http://www.mathjax.org/resources/epub-readers/, I conclude that Readium is the best reader choice for .epub3 .
Old 03-14-2014, 06:37 AM   #18
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by PablitoG View Post
After reviewing this list: http://www.mathjax.org/resources/epub-readers/, I conclude that Readium is the best reader choice for .epub3 .
Thanks for the link.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2014, 06:44 AM   #19
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
@PablitoG - thanks for that link, more choices than I realised.

I recall looking Readium as an alternative to EPUB Reader some time back. IIRC I had the same 'philosophical' problem with it as I have with EPUB Reader - it buries the books in Users/BetterRed/Appdata...Chrome/???. Also I prefer to keep my Chrome install as vanilla as possible - ie no add-ons.

I've discovered that LuciDor (I only found it today) lets me nominate where its to save/look for books - so for now, its goodbye EPUB Reader hello LuciDor. It also enfolds Firefox's built-in PDF Reader into itself - which is nice, I think

Good luck with Readium (I think I know why its has appeal for you) - but if it doesn't work out, then one of the others in the list will hopefully do the job. And good luck with the book.

If you wanted to 'integrate' Readium into Calibre, then you should be able to do that via the Open With ( click) plug-in.

BR

Last edited by BetterRed; 03-14-2014 at 06:32 PM.
BetterRed is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2014, 10:36 AM   #20
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
They can be fixed by the user you mean? How? Thanks.
note the slant on fixed

in this usage, that means go away at any time.
You can't ask for your money back when unsupported or unadvertised features disappear because you were never sold those in the first place.
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2014, 03:11 PM   #21
Hitch
Bookmaker & Cat Slave
Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K2, iPad, KFire, PPW, Voyage, NookColor. 2 Droid, Oasis, Boox Note2
Quote:
Great marketing skills Hitch. And, very helpful also.
Pablito:

I do zero marketing here. I'm here for two things: to hang out with fellow bookmakers, on a professional level, and to help noobs from time to time. The people who come here aren't looking for conversion firms, and as I said, I'm not here to "sell myself" to anyone. Hopefully, this is one of the very few places that I can hang out and be myself. I found your statement pretty hilarious, all things considered, so why shouldn't I comment on it? Sorry if it put your knickers in a twist. Nor did I see any need to be "helpful," as others were addressing your issues and comments quite competently.

Hitch
Hitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2014, 05:56 AM   #22
PablitoG

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoctorOhh View Post
Thanks for the link.
No problem DoctorOhh. Glad to be useful. I'll post more.
Old 03-21-2014, 06:13 AM   #23
PablitoG

Quote:
Originally Posted by BetterRed View Post
@PablitoG - thanks for that link, more choices than I realised.

I recall looking Readium as an alternative to EPUB Reader some time back. IIRC I had the same 'philosophical' problem with it as I have with EPUB Reader - it buries the books in Users/BetterRed/Appdata...Chrome/???. Also I prefer to keep my Chrome install as vanilla as possible - ie no add-ons.

I've discovered that LuciDor (I only found it today) lets me nominate where its to save/look for books - so for now, its goodbye EPUB Reader hello LuciDor. It also enfolds Firefox's built-in PDF Reader into itself - which is nice, I think

Good luck with Readium (I think I know why its has appeal for you) - but if it doesn't work out, then one of the others in the list will hopefully do the job. And good luck with the book.

If you wanted to 'integrate' Readium into Calibre, then you should be able to do that via the Open With ( click) plug-in.

BR
Thanks BetterRed. Being useful is the best think I've learned in my various businesses.

It is true about Readium. It buries the book. But, when you're a reader that has just bought a well advertised .epub3 book and you need a FAST and EFFICIENT solution to read it in your PC or Mac, you will not care about that. What do you think?

I tried LuciDor more than once. But I just can't see a future on my readers (or any kind of readers) who seek solid .epub3 features. Readium was the only piece of software, from that list, that answered these very important questions (also from the reader's perspective) 1) Is it simple/fast? YES. 2) Is it efficient? YES.

I think Calibre is great, but I will not refer it any more to my readers, because it is too much hustle for something that another software does much better, for my readers.

My book's (http://tangofaqs.com) selling numbers are fantastic. I wish I could share them with you guys. I'm very happy to see 12 months of persistent work and target marketing payoff.

Thanks to those who helped.

Last edited by PablitoG; 03-22-2014 at 06:02 AM.

Tags
apple, epub3, m4v