Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > Workshop

Notices

Old 11-13-2013, 04:30 AM   #1
owly
Guru
owly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.owly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.owly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.owly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.owly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.owly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.owly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.owly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.owly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.owly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.owly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite 2, Kobo Aura H2O
Booksorber?

Anyone tried the software Booksorber? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6LY3y3eyVL8
owly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2013, 12:41 PM   #2
mrmikel
Color me gone
mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-300
It makes PDF's from images taken by a digital camera.
mrmikel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2013, 04:21 AM   #3
owly
Guru
owly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.owly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.owly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.owly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.owly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.owly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.owly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.owly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.owly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.owly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.owly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Yes, but is it any good?
Old 12-16-2013, 07:09 AM   #4
Big Col
Big Col began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Keyboard
Booksorber is ideal if you have a one-camera setup. Photograph pairs of pages and the program separates them and generates a PDF and individual page jpegs.
I don't bother with the PDF; I load the jpegs into my OCR to get text.
I am pleased with Booksorber - it is at least as accurate as my previous setup (photographing odd pages then even, rotating the images and renaming them, then OCR) but saves a considerable amount of time at the camera. I photographed a 200 page book in 5 minutes.
It does take a long time to process the images, especially if you load an entire book into it; I set it to process at night or if I am doing something else.
I don't use the lighting rig suggested on the website - I simply use the pop-up flash on my camera and it works fine.
You can try Booksorber for free - it has a 10 page limit and puts a watermark on each page.
I think that it is excellent value for money.
Colin

Last edited by Big Col; 12-16-2013 at 07:11 AM.
Big Col is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2013, 03:18 AM   #5
owly
Guru

Also found this test http://dcoetzee.tumblr.com/post/5219...ith-booksorber