Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Recipes

Notices

Old 10-10-2013, 06:07 PM   #1
mr.w0lf
n00b
mr.w0lf plays well with othersmr.w0lf plays well with othersmr.w0lf plays well with othersmr.w0lf plays well with othersmr.w0lf plays well with othersmr.w0lf plays well with othersmr.w0lf plays well with othersmr.w0lf plays well with othersmr.w0lf plays well with othersmr.w0lf plays well with othersmr.w0lf plays well with others

Device: Kindle Touch
parse_index() question

Hi, I am using parse_index to build my recipe, problem is that site where i getting everything gives out not a valid HTML page, instead just the content of the article i want to read (so no html/head/body tag, just the tags included in the article).

Calibre is working nice, except that gives me back a file with no content inside.. maybe is because of the strange situation i have described? solutions? do i have to do something like putting an article template before write the temp file (see spoiler)?

Spoiler:

header = '<html><head><title>bla bla bla</title></head><body>'
footer = '</body></html>'
foo.write(header+article+footer)

mr.w0lf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2013, 09:44 PM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
You can implement get_obfuscated_article() in your recipe to do that.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2013, 05:30 AM   #3
mr.w0lf
n00b
mr.w0lf plays well with othersmr.w0lf plays well with othersmr.w0lf plays well with othersmr.w0lf plays well with othersmr.w0lf plays well with othersmr.w0lf plays well with othersmr.w0lf plays well with othersmr.w0lf plays well with othersmr.w0lf plays well with othersmr.w0lf plays well with othersmr.w0lf plays well with others

Device: Kindle Touch
thank you, solved.. now i'll post an other topic ofr an other issue
mr.w0lf is offline   Reply With Quote