Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Barnes & Noble NOOK

Notices

Old 09-24-2013, 11:52 AM   #1
dixieknits
Addict
dixieknits ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dixieknits ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dixieknits ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dixieknits ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dixieknits ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dixieknits ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dixieknits ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dixieknits ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dixieknits ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dixieknits ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dixieknits ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Nook Color
Touch Vs Classic Screen Clarity

A couple of weeks back, I purchased a new in the box Nook 1st Gen from Ebay, which I love. Nice Audiobook player and great page turn buttons, screen resolution, external speakers, etc. My daughter stopped by for a visit last night and had her Nook Simple Touch in her handbag and we compared. Sure enough, the older model Classic 1st Gen has a much brighter, lighter screen and more contrast. What happened? The Simple Touch has a much darker, grey shaded screen. Just an interesting note..Are they still making E ink devices?
dixieknits is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2013, 12:15 PM   #2
Asawi
Gadgetoholic
Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2, Tolino Vision 6
The Classic had an incredible screen for its time! I do prefer the Touch's screen though. Text is crisper (and general use interface is better). Having said that, I could easily settle with a Classic if I had to. A truly great ereader!!
Asawi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2013, 10:36 AM   #3
randyp1234
randyp1234 began at the beginning.

Device: Nook
Quote:
Originally Posted by Asawi View Post
The Classic had an incredible screen for its time! I do prefer the Touch's screen though. Text is crisper (and general use interface is better). Having said that, I could easily settle with a Classic if I had to. A truly great ereader!!
Plus - unless things have changed in the few months since I've been here (which is why I'm here this morning) - there's the ability to delete on the device.
randyp1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2013, 01:45 PM   #4
Asawi
Gadgetoholic
Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2, Tolino Vision 6
The only thing I didn't like with the Classic was battery life.
And yes, it IS an advantage to be able to delete on the device! Hate that on the Touch (that I otherwise love)!
Asawi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2013, 04:15 PM   #5
pwnn
Enthusiast
pwnn rocks like Gibraltar!pwnn rocks like Gibraltar!pwnn rocks like Gibraltar!pwnn rocks like Gibraltar!pwnn rocks like Gibraltar!pwnn rocks like Gibraltar!pwnn rocks like Gibraltar!pwnn rocks like Gibraltar!pwnn rocks like Gibraltar!pwnn rocks like Gibraltar!pwnn rocks like Gibraltar!

Device: Nook Touch
The 1st gen was a lovely device, probably the prettiest Nook device.

It had a beautiful cream colored background which I do miss, but Nook Touch has crisper dark text. The Touch lasts so much longer, it's faster, has fewer page refreshes, and it weighs less with small dimensions so for me it's easier to hold, and with a cover fits more easily in a smaller purse/bag. I prefer having the option of touch and buttons and navigation is much more seamless on the Touch.

I love the idea of audio but I never used it for books and music because it would eat up the battery faster and the color screen (which I liked) was already eating it up. The most I could go without recharging was a few days - with the Touch it's weeks. I wouldn't mind having the audio option back on the touch since it doesn't have the LCD color screen any more. Audio would also give the hopeful option for some text-to-speech via rooting which would be good for my Mom.

I do miss the superior shelving options on the 1st Ed as well as the ability to delete - I can't understand why the Nook Touch doesn't have these features.
pwnn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2013, 04:42 PM   #6
dixieknits
Addict
dixieknits ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dixieknits ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dixieknits ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dixieknits ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dixieknits ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dixieknits ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dixieknits ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dixieknits ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dixieknits ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dixieknits ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dixieknits ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Nook Color
I'm loving this ereader... Even found a great leatherette easel case for $4.00. I do listen to audio books on it and find it's so easy to find one's place, advance etc. Mine has great battery life; I keep it set on airplane and charge every now and again. Does anyone know how to identify the cityscapes with the lovely spires and towers? I'd love to know which is which. Thanks
dixieknits is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
nook classic, nook st