Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Onyx Boox

Notices

Old 06-28-2013, 10:38 AM   #1
Haim_gds
Haim_gds began at the beginning.

Device: [M92] Onyx boox note
Newbie with M92, having problems using it

First of all, I'd like to thanks in advance for any help to my problems, I just got an M92 EReader for my birthday and I found it too complex for operation as a reader and I have many questions about it operation and abilities:
-The most annoying problem is how to keep reading from the same point I stopped reading before, it really bother to look for the last page and setting the zoom/viewing parameters each time!
-Where are the bookmarks saves?
-Does it supports LIT files? (Microsoft reader format)
-What is the best file format for readings? (like epub, mobi or other)
-Is there a software that convert books file format?
-Is there a way for displaying the file format in the View screen (when using 'Details View')

I have a few problems operating it:
-When I connect it to my computer (for data transfer) it usually disconnected after a few seconds, when it connect to another computer (using the same USB cable) it seems to work fine. I'm using WIN7 64Bit and never had a problem connecting any other USB devices to my computer.
When I set the reader into 'standby status' it seems like it got stuck, pressing the On/Off button (or any other button) doesn't activate back and only after pressing the On/Off button for a few seconds it reset and power up.
-Some files like DOC in non-English characters freeze the reader, how to avoid it or find what files might cause the problems?
-From time to time when it stays on the reader freeze, pressing the On/Off button make the blue led to blink 3 times and that's all (it happens right now and i can't use it any more)
Haim_gds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2013, 08:01 AM   #2
slex
Addict
slex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 4 NT, Onyx Boox M92
The reader automatically opens the book where you left it last time - I don't know why it is different for you.

Regarding e-book formats, epub is the best, IMO, but don't open it with the default reader - its font rendering engine is not good - choose fbreader or coolreader from the settings instead.

For ebook conversion and management get Calibre.
slex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2013, 02:30 PM   #3
Haim_gds

Thanks, I've notice that with plain text files it remember the last position. I'll try to set bookmarks with the HTML files.
is there a way to set the reader displaying plain text files in the predefined number of culmons and lines?
Old 06-30-2013, 07:23 PM   #4
Feher
Addict
Feher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Feher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Feher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Feher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Feher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Feher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Feher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Feher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Feher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Feher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Feher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Onyx Boox M92; Onyx Boox i86ML; Kobo Aura H2O; Dasung Paperlike
I suggest you to use calibre and convert your books/files to Pdf or Epub format.

Pdf is the best format for M92 beacuse you can write notes and make highlights.
Epub is better because you can change fonts and reflow text in a better way.

I already know my preferred font size and family, so i convert all my books to pdf.
Feher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2013, 06:00 AM   #5
Kirith
schoolteacher
Kirith exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverKirith exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverKirith exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverKirith exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverKirith exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverKirith exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverKirith exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverKirith exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverKirith exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverKirith exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverKirith exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcover

Device: Onyx M92 +i62HD(m)+M92(m)x20+M90x13
Quote:
Originally Posted by Haim_gds View Post
Thanks, I've notice that with plain text files it remember the last position. I'll try to set bookmarks with the HTML files.
is there a way to set the reader displaying plain text files in the predefined number of culmons and lines?
Just rename the file extension in fb2. CoolReader much more can
Просто переименуйте расширение файлов в fb2. CoolReader очень многое умеет
Kirith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2013, 02:14 PM   #6
Haim_gds

I've tried renaming the html files to fb2 and i cant read it, the file is large (> 100k) but have only one empty page.
Old 07-12-2013, 03:43 PM   #7
Kirith
schoolteacher
Kirith exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverKirith exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverKirith exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverKirith exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverKirith exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverKirith exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverKirith exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverKirith exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverKirith exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverKirith exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverKirith exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcover

Device: Onyx M92 +i62HD(m)+M92(m)x20+M90x13
That's strange ... Can you put the file?

Это странно... А можете выложить сам файл?
Kirith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2013, 04:31 PM   #8
Haim_gds

this file.
Attached Files
File Type: zip Armageddon 2419 AD.zip (60.3 KB, 217 views)
Old 07-12-2013, 09:48 PM   #9
pkbo
Addict
pkbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pkbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pkbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pkbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pkbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pkbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pkbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pkbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pkbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pkbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pkbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
This is probably because you use fbreader to open the files. kirirth's suggestion was to use CoolReader for such files. You can select which application will open the fb2 files in the Settings/Prefered Applications.
pkbo is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
m92