Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 12-16-2012, 04:37 AM   #1
weedfreak
Addict
weedfreak can program the VCR without an owner's manual.weedfreak can program the VCR without an owner's manual.weedfreak can program the VCR without an owner's manual.weedfreak can program the VCR without an owner's manual.weedfreak can program the VCR without an owner's manual.weedfreak can program the VCR without an owner's manual.weedfreak can program the VCR without an owner's manual.weedfreak can program the VCR without an owner's manual.weedfreak can program the VCR without an owner's manual.weedfreak can program the VCR without an owner's manual.weedfreak can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: calibre
Baen Monthly bundles

The website now only shows bundles for 3 months in 2013, no links to the old bundles, but codes still work if you use the link from the coupon.

I am still holding Nov and Dec 2003. PM me if you want them.
weedfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012, 05:38 AM   #2
piperclassique
A garbling groftpot
piperclassique ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.piperclassique ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.piperclassique ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.piperclassique ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.piperclassique ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.piperclassique ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.piperclassique ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.piperclassique ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.piperclassique ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.piperclassique ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.piperclassique ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis, Voyage, Kobo mini, Samsung tablet, phones, whatever.
Well, we got an extra thirtyfive hours or so.
piperclassique is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012, 05:55 AM   #3
KentE
...still a Zealot
KentE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KentE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KentE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KentE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KentE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KentE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KentE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KentE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KentE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KentE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KentE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Palm Pixi & PC
Since I've got a couple of 'stubborn' codes, and a couple that did go through just a while ago, I looked at URL structure from either the original Baen emailed link, or via entering the numeric identifier for a specific bundle in the search box.
I'm still seeing the bundles come up from a text-box search, (entering the W20xxxx identifier) and the URL structure looks the same as the URL structure of a baen-coiupon-link. I could be missing something, though.
I can't tell if my "stubborn" ones are really just 'used' numbers, or....
KentE
KentE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012, 07:02 AM   #4
piperclassique
A garbling groftpot
piperclassique ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.piperclassique ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.piperclassique ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.piperclassique ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.piperclassique ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.piperclassique ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.piperclassique ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.piperclassique ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.piperclassique ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.piperclassique ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.piperclassique ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Uh huh
Try see what happens if you are logged in....
I am still seeing all the bundles, and my computer thinks it is in the USA
Old 12-16-2012, 07:25 AM   #5
weedfreak
Addict
weedfreak can program the VCR without an owner's manual.weedfreak can program the VCR without an owner's manual.weedfreak can program the VCR without an owner's manual.weedfreak can program the VCR without an owner's manual.weedfreak can program the VCR without an owner's manual.weedfreak can program the VCR without an owner's manual.weedfreak can program the VCR without an owner's manual.weedfreak can program the VCR without an owner's manual.weedfreak can program the VCR without an owner's manual.weedfreak can program the VCR without an owner's manual.weedfreak can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: calibre
Codes emailed to dadalo.

@piperclassique
Strange they all turned up again with me now, and all for sale as well. Guess that is the joy of testing on a live system.
weedfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012, 08:20 AM   #6
dadalo
Connoisseur
dadalo is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.dadalo is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.dadalo is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.dadalo is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.dadalo is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.dadalo is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.dadalo is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.dadalo is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.dadalo is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.dadalo is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.dadalo is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.

Device: Kindle 3, Nexus 7, iPad mini, Sony PRS-T2
Codes received and redeemed, thank you.
Codes sent to holding account waiting for next person.

-dadalo
dadalo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012, 02:38 PM   #7
Papi47
Zealot
Papi47 understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'Papi47 understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'Papi47 understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'Papi47 understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'Papi47 understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'Papi47 understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'Papi47 understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'Papi47 understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'Papi47 understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'Papi47 understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'Papi47 understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'

Device: Kindle3, iPad
Nov & Dec 03 have a couple I want to read
pm to dadalo
Papi47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012, 03:06 PM   #8
dadalo
Connoisseur
dadalo is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.dadalo is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.dadalo is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.dadalo is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.dadalo is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.dadalo is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.dadalo is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.dadalo is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.dadalo is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.dadalo is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.dadalo is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.

Device: Kindle 3, Nexus 7, iPad mini, Sony PRS-T2
codes sent to Papi47 by PM.
dadalo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012, 03:12 PM   #9
Papi47
Zealot
Papi47 understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'Papi47 understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'Papi47 understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'Papi47 understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'Papi47 understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'Papi47 understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'Papi47 understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'Papi47 understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'Papi47 understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'Papi47 understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'Papi47 understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'

Redeemed so I have code Nov 03, Dec 03. I also have March 04
Old 12-16-2012, 08:20 PM   #10
red6devil
red6devil began at the beginning.

Device: iPaq 210
PM sent to Papi.
red6devil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012, 09:38 PM   #11
Papi47
Zealot

red6devil I started a new thread
Free SF/Fantasy - Baen Gift Bundle (Nov & Dec 2003 March 2004)

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=199684

see who last to ask for the codes and ask them

at present it looks like KentE

Last edited by Papi47; 12-16-2012 at 09:41 PM. Reason: update
Old 12-17-2012, 12:11 AM   #12
piperclassique
A garbling groftpot

Well, it looks like they pulled the plug. I just checked using the links on some codes I was holding, and all the books are there, but showing *not currently available* or *previously purchased* . So, if you bought them or had them as a gift, they are still there as downloadable, if not, too late.
We had two extra days out of it, and I think most of us now have TBR piles of enormous height.
So long, and thanks for all the fish......
Old 12-17-2012, 12:18 AM   #13
ATDrake
Wizzard
ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2 International, Sony PRS-T1, BlackBerry PlayBook, Acer Iconia
There may be a way to manually add them to the cart, but I don't know if it's going to really work upon checkout, and it'll probably disappear once they're done changing the site.

If you're holding unused codes that you requested earlier, PM me with an email that can receive mid-sized attachments if you want to give it a try (or PM me with the codes if you don't want to bother, so I can experiment a bit).
ATDrake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 12:43 AM   #14
piperclassique
A garbling groftpot

I've sent a sample to ATDrake of codes that i was holding to pass on.
Old 12-17-2012, 02:27 AM   #15
KentE
...still a Zealot
KentE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KentE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KentE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KentE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KentE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KentE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KentE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KentE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KentE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KentE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KentE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Palm Pixi & PC
Although we all knew this would end....
It surprises me that redemption for codes for already-issued Gift Certificates would be taken down, especially since they carry an expiration date in the future. Seems much more straightforward to remove the chance to add a "free gift" to a purchase or gift redemption, which would stop the chain with a single extra transaction.
I still wouldn't be surprised if it comes back up.
Of course, Baen was aware that much of the traffic was generated by chains lately.... I have a feeling they willfully closed their eyes.... (cheers).
KentE
KentE is offline   Reply With Quote