Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Conversion

Notices

Old 08-19-2012, 05:44 AM   #1
Kumabjorn
Basculocolpic
Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3 WiFi, Kindle 4SO, Kindle for Android, Sony PRS-350 and PRS-T1
PDF to EPUB stopped

Tried to do a conversion of a book in PDF, only available format, to ePub. But I got the following error message:

calibre, version 0.8.65
ERROR: Unhandled exception: <b>NoSuchFormat</b>:Record 938 has no pdf file

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "site-packages\calibre\gui2\actions\convert.py", line 129, in convert_ebook
File "site-packages\calibre\gui2\tools.py", line 59, in convert_single_ebook
File "site-packages\calibre\library\database2.py", line 1350, in copy_format_to
NoSuchFormat: Record 938 has no pdf file

Could the reason be that I have my library in the cloud?

Last edited by Kumabjorn; 08-19-2012 at 05:48 AM. Reason: Sudden realization
Kumabjorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2012, 03:39 AM   #2
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kumabjorn View Post
Could the reason be that I have my library in the cloud?
Probably not - PDF conversions are genetically problematic

Have you read this Sticky - Read this before Posting PDF Questions

I find using the Mobipocket Creator tool to convert the PDF to MOBI and then Calibre convert the MOBI to EPUB usually does a better job than a Calibre PDF to EPUB conversion

This approach is suggested in the sticky.

BR

Last edited by BetterRed; 08-20-2012 at 03:42 AM.
BetterRed is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2012, 03:43 AM   #3
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
That error indicates your book record has no PDF file, which almost certainly means library corruption, which in turn is most likely caused by putting the library on a network. Run the check library tool in calibre.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2012, 03:44 AM   #4
Kumabjorn
Basculocolpic
Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3 WiFi, Kindle 4SO, Kindle for Android, Sony PRS-350 and PRS-T1
Sorry, missed that sticky. It wasn't about the quality of the conversion, but rather that there wasn't a conversion. I moved the library back to the HDD and at least I got conversion, but I haven't had the time to check it yet.
Kumabjorn is offline   Reply With Quote