Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices > enTourage eDGe

Notices

Old 01-04-2012, 11:26 PM   #1
HypnoticEyez
HypnoticEyez began at the beginning.

Device: Pocket eDGe
Question Pocket eDGe - Adding Photos To Gallery???

Hi! I am new to the Pocket eDGe and this forum. My husband who owned the PE died 2 weeks ago so I have no one to ask I would like to give his PE to our daughter with pictures of her dad, but I don't know how to add them to the gallery instead of the Library. When I added them to the Library I wasn't able to add them to the gallery and could only view pictures one at a time. I would really appreciate if someone would be kind enough to give me step by step instructions on how to accomplish it. I am having the same problem adding music.

Thank you in advance for any help you can give

Last edited by HypnoticEyez; 01-05-2012 at 12:01 AM.
HypnoticEyez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2012, 04:34 AM   #2
Filark
Armed with a smile :)
Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: enTourage eDGe & Pocket eDGe, Samsung Galaxy Note II
First, I want to welcome you to MobileRead and let you know that people here are listening.

There should be a copy of the User's Manual in the Library on your PE. That might provide the answers you seek. I can try to put pictures in the Gallery on my PE and then tell you what I did. It is probably fairly simple, like using the file manager to put them in the right folder, but I download books and documents a lot more than I do pictures and music, so I can't tell you off-hand.

If you don't find the answer on your own or get a better one from another forum member, I will experiment and let you know.
Filark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2012, 07:23 AM   #3
obsessed2
Wizard
obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocket Edge X 2 , Edge, gTab, Kindle Fire, Nextbook 7S
Quote:
Originally Posted by HypnoticEyez View Post
Hi! I am new to the Pocket eDGe and this forum. My husband who owned the PE died 2 weeks ago so I have no one to ask I would like to give his PE to our daughter with pictures of her dad, but I don't know how to add them to the gallery instead of the Library. When I added them to the Library I wasn't able to add them to the gallery and could only view pictures one at a time. I would really appreciate if someone would be kind enough to give me step by step instructions on how to accomplish it. I am having the same problem adding music.

Thank you in advance for any help you can give

Once files are added to the Library, Gallery and the Music Player can no longer see them. However, you can export them from the Library. Open your Library. Touch the Check Box near the top of the Library Screen. Check the photos/ music you want and select Export and select either Internal Storage (preferred) or SDCard. Close the Library and open the Gallery App or the Music App and photos will be available for viewing and music available for playing. In the future, directly copy your files to folders on the PE (e.g. make a folder called Pictures and Music) and when you open the Gallery or Music App it should scan and find all content. I'm very sorry for your loss. Please feel free to PM me if you need any additional help with your PE.

Last edited by obsessed2; 01-05-2012 at 07:17 PM.
obsessed2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2012, 11:36 AM   #4
stevesr0
Connoisseur
stevesr0 can extract oil from cheesestevesr0 can extract oil from cheesestevesr0 can extract oil from cheesestevesr0 can extract oil from cheesestevesr0 can extract oil from cheesestevesr0 can extract oil from cheesestevesr0 can extract oil from cheesestevesr0 can extract oil from cheese

Device: Entourage Pocket Edge
Welcome to the Edge community. I wish to offer my condolences on the loss of your husband.

I see obsessed2's posting and that sounds like it might work for you (and seems a generally useful approach).

Best wishes for a year with joy and no sorrow.

Steve
stevesr0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2012, 04:43 PM   #5
Filark
Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I would like to echo Steve's condolences and wishes for you.

I looked at the Gallery on my PE. It has images from all my files as well as every shot taken by the camera, organized by folder. I also found an empty folder in my file structure called Pictures, which would be a logical place to put your pictures.

Do you know how to make a new folder using ES File Explorer? (Menu button, tap New, tap Folder from within the folder where you want the new one to appear, e.g. /sdcard/Pictures/.)

I'm sure your daughter will love this gift!
Old 01-06-2012, 01:34 AM   #6
HypnoticEyez
HypnoticEyez began at the beginning.

Device: Pocket eDGe
I want to thank everyone for the welcome and for your condolences. My husband is who I would go to if a had a question that was computer related. I was finally able to get the pictures and music in the right place but still have one small problem when I click on gallery, but it is one I can live with. When I click on Gallery there is All pictures (121) extsdcard (81) and sdcard (40). In All pictures there are 121 pictures, there are 81 in extsdcard and although sdcard says there are 40 there are actually no pictures in the folder. Any idea how I can delete it? I am including an image since I couldn't figure out how to do a screenshot.

HypnoticEyez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2012, 03:06 AM   #7
Filark

I think the pictures in sdcard are all the pictures (in any folder) in your internal storage. Can you open the sdcard folder in your Gallery? Does it show your pictures in subfolders that correspond to the folders you see under ES File Explorer? If so I don't think you can delete it.

Glad you figured everything out.
Old 01-06-2012, 07:09 AM   #8
obsessed2
Wizard
obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocket Edge X 2 , Edge, gTab, Kindle Fire, Nextbook 7S
Quote:
Originally Posted by HypnoticEyez View Post
I want to thank everyone for the welcome and for your condolences. My husband is who I would go to if a had a question that was computer related. I was finally able to get the pictures and music in the right place but still have one small problem when I click on gallery, but it is one I can live with. When I click on Gallery there is All pictures (121) extsdcard (81) and sdcard (40). In All pictures there are 121 pictures, there are 81 in extsdcard and although sdcard says there are 40 there are actually no pictures in the folder. Any idea how I can delete it? I am including an image since I couldn't figure out how to do a screenshot.

These photos may still be in the Library. SD Card suggests Internal Storage (aka Library). Open the Gallery and find a photo that is the same both on the SD Card and Ext SD Card. Close the Gallery. Open the Library. Find the same photo you noted in the Gallery. Touch the Check Mark at the top of the screen and delete the photo. Go back to the Gallery and make sure the photo still appears on the Ext SD Card and the number of pictures changes on the SD card. If it does, you can return to the Library and safely delete the remaining photos that appear in the Library.
obsessed2 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
gallery, photos