Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 07-22-2011, 05:38 PM   #1
silverraven
Guru
silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, Kindle 4NTB x 4
Kobo discounted at Borders?

So, will the Kobo Touch at Borders stores be discounted along with all thier other merchandise? I saw they had an 'up to 40% off' sale already.
S
silverraven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2011, 05:41 PM   #2
octoberdana
Enthusiast
octoberdana writes the songs that make the whole world sing.octoberdana writes the songs that make the whole world sing.octoberdana writes the songs that make the whole world sing.octoberdana writes the songs that make the whole world sing.octoberdana writes the songs that make the whole world sing.octoberdana writes the songs that make the whole world sing.octoberdana writes the songs that make the whole world sing.octoberdana writes the songs that make the whole world sing.octoberdana writes the songs that make the whole world sing.octoberdana writes the songs that make the whole world sing.octoberdana writes the songs that make the whole world sing.

Device: Nook Touch, Kindle Touch
No it appears that the ereaders are not discounted.
octoberdana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2011, 05:45 PM   #3
silverraven
Guru
silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, Kindle 4NTB x 4
Oh, well. I was hoping for a real deal.
Thanks for the info!
S
silverraven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2011, 06:03 PM   #4
thp1017
Connoisseur
thp1017 is a rising star in the heavensthp1017 is a rising star in the heavensthp1017 is a rising star in the heavensthp1017 is a rising star in the heavensthp1017 is a rising star in the heavensthp1017 is a rising star in the heavensthp1017 is a rising star in the heavensthp1017 is a rising star in the heavensthp1017 is a rising star in the heavensthp1017 is a rising star in the heavensthp1017 is a rising star in the heavens

Device: Kobo, KT, KGlo, H2O, Libra
discount

I actually picked up a touch today for 10% off - at the store I visited (in Abq, NM), they had another 4 touch when I was there at noon, plus there were probably close to ten wireless.
thp1017 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2011, 09:11 PM   #5
beautifulsoup
Addict
beautifulsoup ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beautifulsoup ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beautifulsoup ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beautifulsoup ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beautifulsoup ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beautifulsoup ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beautifulsoup ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beautifulsoup ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beautifulsoup ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beautifulsoup ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beautifulsoup ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Too many ereaders.
Quote:
Originally Posted by silverraven View Post
Oh, well. I was hoping for a real deal.
Thanks for the info!
S
Keep trying, though. I remember that one of the locations closing months ago (before the Touch came out) was selling the Kobo Wifi for about 80 bucks, after a week or two.
beautifulsoup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2011, 11:55 AM   #6
filmo
Wizard
filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch, Sony T1, Kobo Mini
Local Borders Panama City Beach Pier park had sign all e-readers 10% off. They have Kobo touch/wifi, and 2 Sony models.
filmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2011, 06:48 PM   #7
OneandonlyDoc
Fearless Writer
OneandonlyDoc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OneandonlyDoc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OneandonlyDoc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OneandonlyDoc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OneandonlyDoc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OneandonlyDoc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OneandonlyDoc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OneandonlyDoc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OneandonlyDoc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OneandonlyDoc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OneandonlyDoc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Wifi
I was at a closing store this past Thanksgiving (it was one of the Michigan Avenue stores in Chicago), and they definitely had discounted their Kobos (I didn't pick one up at the time; I waited until the Wifi price drop after Christmas)...so I imagine if your local store still has them in stock, they'll be discounted soon enough.

I work at a mall with a Borders (though not AT Borders) and I think I actually sold one of our customers on buying a Kobo yesterday. >.>
OneandonlyDoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2011, 08:14 PM   #8
Shopaholic
Cockatoo Mom!
Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW4, Kobo: A1, Clara, Libra 2, iPad Pro 11, iPad Mini
Yep, people were at Borders in droves on Friday. Read the sales very carefully, UP TO means just that, not everything is 40%. I didn't see anything that was actually. Not even books. It was all 10% off and they jacked their Sony Pocket back up to $179.99 from the $129.99 it was the week before.
Shopaholic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2011, 11:01 AM   #9
cutterjohn42
Addict
cutterjohn42 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cutterjohn42 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cutterjohn42 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cutterjohn42 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cutterjohn42 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cutterjohn42 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cutterjohn42 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cutterjohn42 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cutterjohn42 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cutterjohn42 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cutterjohn42 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Palm IIIx, EBM-911, REB-1100(dead), PRS-505
Quote:
Originally Posted by beautifulsoup View Post
Keep trying, though. I remember that one of the locations closing months ago (before the Touch came out) was selling the Kobo Wifi for about 80 bucks, after a week or two.
IIRC the WiFi actually ended up making it down to $60 in those sales...
cutterjohn42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2011, 11:33 AM   #10
SensualPoet
Wizard
SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura HD, Kindle Paperwhite, Asus ZenPad 3, Kobo Glo
Don't dawdle if you see a bargain. The liquidator has a very aggressive timeline to close out the stores.
SensualPoet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2011, 12:28 PM   #11
EricW
EricW began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Wifi, Kindle for PC
At the last round of closings, the Kobo Wifi made it below the $60 mark. It's not going to happen on the first weekend, but it probably will happen eventually.
EricW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2011, 02:04 PM   #12
OneandonlyDoc
Fearless Writer
OneandonlyDoc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OneandonlyDoc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OneandonlyDoc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OneandonlyDoc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OneandonlyDoc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OneandonlyDoc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OneandonlyDoc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OneandonlyDoc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OneandonlyDoc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OneandonlyDoc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OneandonlyDoc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

If they make it that low at the Borders near me, I just might have to buy a second one...
Old 07-25-2011, 09:40 AM   #13
omahawildcat
Enthusiast
omahawildcat began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo
All ereaders at my Border in Omaha were 10% off.
omahawildcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2011, 01:47 PM   #14
RSaunders
Groupie
RSaunders knows what time it isRSaunders knows what time it isRSaunders knows what time it isRSaunders knows what time it isRSaunders knows what time it isRSaunders knows what time it isRSaunders knows what time it isRSaunders knows what time it isRSaunders knows what time it isRSaunders knows what time it isRSaunders knows what time it is

Device: Sony PRS-500
I picked a WiFi (hate fingerprints) up for $70 at my local Borders, and cashed in that pesky $20 gift card I had lying around. Still having a lot of newbie problems with ePubs from by existing sources, but time will tell. It's at a very attractive price.
RSaunders is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2011, 02:02 PM   #15
OneandonlyDoc
Fearless Writer

Quote:
Originally Posted by RSaunders View Post
I picked a WiFi (hate fingerprints) up for $70 at my local Borders, and cashed in that pesky $20 gift card I had lying around. Still having a lot of newbie problems with ePubs from by existing sources, but time will tell. It's at a very attractive price.
Did you try loading them in with Adobe Digital Editions (http://www.adobe.com/products/digitaleditions/)? That's what I usually use to load in my existing epubs (Calibre and I don't play nice with each other).