Notices

Old 06-28-2011, 01:55 PM   #1
markvdvelde
Connoisseur
markvdvelde began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Download, not push content

Hi,

I use the brilliant Chrome extension "Send to Kindle" a lot, but I'll be without wireless internet for some time to come. Is there a way to download webpages/articles in 1 click in Kindle format? I know about Instapaper etc, but I am looking for something as simple and convenient as "Send to Kindle": a single click way to save in mobi/azw.

thanks
markvdvelde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2011, 02:00 PM   #2
markdek
Addict
markdek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markdek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markdek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markdek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markdek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markdek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markdek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markdek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markdek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markdek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markdek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3
Are you talking about "pre-loading" content...you can do this w/ Calibre. If you have NO internet, I assume that's what you mean.
markdek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2011, 02:40 PM   #3
markvdvelde
Connoisseur

I do have internet, but not wireless. So instead of sending it wirelessly to Kindle I'd like to download the articles in mobi, and then transfer them with a USB cable.
Old 06-28-2011, 09:59 PM   #4
markdek
Addict
markdek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markdek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markdek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markdek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markdek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markdek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markdek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markdek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markdek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markdek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markdek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3
Send to Kindle, that you're using, has an experimental mail to email option........
markdek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2011, 03:09 AM   #5
markvdvelde
Connoisseur

Figured that out in the meantime, works fine too.Thanks