Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > PocketBook

Notices

Old 03-23-2011, 04:16 AM   #1
m2heikamp
m2heikamp began at the beginning.

Device: Pocketbook 302
No more support for the PB302?

As off today the support-page for the PB302 is nowhere to be found anymore.
No more links to firmware version 15.2 and other things.

But I wonder : Does this mean that Pocketbook now has abandoned the PB302 completely? Including the promised and oh so wonderfull firmware update that was to be released soon?

That would be a completely new low is this would be right.
m2heikamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2011, 05:34 AM   #2
HenkH
Enthusiast
HenkH began at the beginning.

You are right, the support page for the PB302 is not listed anymore on the Russian and Ukrainian sites (it still is on the German site though).
The funny thing is the image of the PocketBook 302 is prominently shown on the front pages...
HenkH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2011, 11:40 AM   #3
adbosch
Addict
adbosch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.adbosch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.adbosch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.adbosch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.adbosch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.adbosch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.adbosch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.adbosch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.adbosch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.adbosch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.adbosch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma; Pocketbook Color 633
I told you they f... us.
adbosch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2011, 12:11 PM   #4
Yoths
Enthusiast
Yoths is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.Yoths is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.Yoths is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.Yoths is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.Yoths is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.Yoths is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.Yoths is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.Yoths is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.Yoths is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.Yoths is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.Yoths is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.

Device: SONY PRS-T1
In the Russian forum the PB representative "kluchnik" ("Ключник") said that
1) the support page for the PB302 will be available again (but only the support page, not the device information on the main page) (link)
2) the new PB302 firmware is going to be released until Apr 15, 2011 (link)

We'll see...
Yoths is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2011, 02:13 PM   #5
paola
Wizard
paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Pro 903, (beloved Pocketbook 360 RIP), Kobo Mini, Kobo Aura
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yoths View Post
1) the support page for the PB302 will be available again (but only the support page, not the device information on the main page) (link)

We'll see...
thank you: and frimware 2.0.6 promised within two-three weeks
paola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2011, 06:40 AM   #6
m2heikamp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yoths View Post

We'll see...
Thanks for the info.
But we've had promises over and over so forgive me for being "a little" sceptic about it. I will believe it as soon as I see it.
And since I can't see a ...... thing right now and they never lived up to ANY promises I believe we are f.....d!
Old 03-24-2011, 06:57 AM   #7
Metal Mick
Addict
Metal Mick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Metal Mick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Metal Mick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Metal Mick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Metal Mick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Metal Mick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Metal Mick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Metal Mick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Metal Mick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Metal Mick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Metal Mick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: The Book, PB 302, IQ
The thing that annoys me about this is the way it was done: no message here letting anyone know it was in the wind. A simple message that it was going to be removed so others could download needed files would have been a better way of handling things.

(I have firmware 15.3 beta if anyone needs it, and I think most of the other files from there.)

It treats owners with utter contempt. And just like many others, I too, see this company as one that is not to be trusted.

Cheers,
Metal Mick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2011, 07:25 AM   #8
kacir
Wizard
kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PocketBook 360, before it was Sony Reader, cassiopeia A-20
Quote:
Originally Posted by m2heikamp View Post
Thanks for the info.
But we've had promises over and over ....
Yes, but the promises we were given were from a distributor in Germany. Guys from PocketBook Germany GmbH work very hard, but I am afraid that they can only tell us what they have been told. Guys from Kiev headquarters do not have to keep promises that were made to us by Mtravelleth or Forkosigan from PocketBook Germany GmbH or PocketBook USA representatives.

This is different. This is promise directly from Kiev. "Ключник" might be sitting next to developers. Also notice that Олег Науменко [Oleg Naumenko] - CEO and founder of PocketBook also takes part in discussion, in the same thread, here

Ukrainian PocketBook has a long tradition of keeping promises made on www.the-ebook.org.
This is how the development of legendary firmware for PB301 with many, many [at the time] unique features started.

So let's wait and see. There is nothing else we can do, anyway.
kacir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2011, 10:06 AM   #9
JimMcLaren
Addict
JimMcLaren ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimMcLaren ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimMcLaren ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimMcLaren ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimMcLaren ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimMcLaren ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimMcLaren ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimMcLaren ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimMcLaren ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimMcLaren ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimMcLaren ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Onyx Boox T68, Kobo Aura HD, Pocketbook 302, Pocketbook 912, Nook HD+
It looks to me that this was more likely a mistake on Pocketbook's web design team's part, removing all 302 info instead of just the sales info. If you're no longer selling the device it makes sense to remove the promotional pages. Leave the support pages but remove the sales pages. Companies do that all the time. (And they don't notify their users that they're doing it.) It looks like that was PBs intention.
JimMcLaren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2011, 10:40 AM   #10
kalle17
kalle17 began at the beginning.

Device: PocketBook 302, PocketBook IQ701
PB302 support web-page is back on Ukrainian site
http://www.pocketbook.ua/support/pocketbook-302/
kalle17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2011, 05:53 PM   #11
Metal Mick
Addict
Metal Mick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Metal Mick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Metal Mick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Metal Mick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Metal Mick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Metal Mick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Metal Mick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Metal Mick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Metal Mick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Metal Mick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Metal Mick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: The Book, PB 302, IQ
I wrote to PB and got this reply:

"...The support page has not been removed, it has always been there. On the Support web page, under the images of the devices, there is a scroll bar. If you scroll to the right, you will see the 302..."

This doesn't gel with what I observed last night (local time), but I have confirmed that it is there. Now.

Cheers,
Metal Mick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2011, 01:20 AM   #12
J.C.
Addict
J.C. could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.J.C. could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.J.C. could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.J.C. could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.J.C. could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.J.C. could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.J.C. could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.J.C. could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.J.C. could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.J.C. could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.J.C. could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.

Device: ONYX BOOX Note Air3 C
Looks like someone is trying to pull a fast one, hard to believe we all missed a scroll bar.

On the other hand it proves they have some control over the updates to the multiple pb websites so how about getting a move on and finally going through them and making sure they are all up to date and that all the sites that are suppose to be multi-lingual are fully translated.
J.C. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2011, 03:58 PM   #13
m2heikamp

well. the supportpage is back online.
End of discussion....for now
Old 03-30-2011, 09:23 AM   #14
adbosch
Addict
adbosch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.adbosch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.adbosch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.adbosch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.adbosch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.adbosch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.adbosch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.adbosch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.adbosch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.adbosch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.adbosch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma; Pocketbook Color 633
What's the use of all this? Is there still anybody out there who really thinks they will get support from PB?
Anyway I will never ever support PB again by buying whatever fancy product they may put in the market. And I will warn anyone planning to do so. And so we all should.

So why should they support me/us?

It's too late to mend my broken heart.

Last edited by adbosch; 03-30-2011 at 09:28 AM.
adbosch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2011, 02:00 AM   #15
Guus
Enthusiast
Guus will become famous soon enoughGuus will become famous soon enoughGuus will become famous soon enoughGuus will become famous soon enoughGuus will become famous soon enoughGuus will become famous soon enoughGuus will become famous soon enough

Device: Apple iPad 3G 64GB, iriver Story HD, Sony PRS-T1
Quote:
Originally Posted by adbosch View Post
What's the use of all this? Is there still anybody out there who really thinks they will get support from PB?
Anyway I will never ever support PB again by buying whatever fancy product they may put in the market. And I will warn anyone planning to do so. And so we all should.
I agree. Lack of service. Unstable products due to firmware that is unsufficient tested. Promised new releases of FW are still not available.
Spread the word: don't buy any Pocketbook product
Guus is offline   Reply With Quote