Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 12-18-2010, 02:35 PM   #1
saskee
saskee began at the beginning.

Device: kobo
Book won't load after 20+ minutes

I recently upgrade to 1.81, and attempted to read a recently acquired book, The Great War and Modern Memory from Kobobooks. The book opens the cover page and then says it is loading the Dedication. I can turn pages very slowly at this point. It then goes on to say its loading contents, then the first chapter, but it doesn't seem to stop. I've read that some books are in large files and can take some time to load, but getting up to a half hour seems a little much, :-). The only way out seems to use the paper clip in the reset hole to stop it.

I reinstalled the database and the upgrade, but that doesn't seem to help.

Has anyone had similar problems or more hopefully found a way around this problem.

Thanks....
saskee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2010, 04:38 PM   #2
taming
Trying for calm & polite
taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo original, WiFI, Touch, Glo, and Aura
Did you load it onto the reader through sync (as a kepub) or as an ePUB through ADE or Calibre? It sounds like a defective book. It's possible though that it will load as an ADE ePUB. Kobo does do refunds for defective purchases. One book I purchased had apparently been sent by the Publisher in an entirely wrong, wrong, wrong format and kobo missed it when putting it on the website.
taming is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2010, 05:14 PM   #3
saskee
saskee began at the beginning.

Device: kobo
I had originally downloaded through the kobo desktop. I decided to try to download the book over again. I noticed that its marked as Adobe DRM epub as opposed to just epub, so I downloaded it through ADE and it works. I'm wondering if not reauthorizing ADE after the upgrade could have been a problem?

Thanks for the help...

Jim
saskee is offline   Reply With Quote