Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > PocketBook

Notices

Old 07-10-2010, 09:47 AM   #46
guyanonymous
Guru
guyanonymous has much to be proud ofguyanonymous has much to be proud ofguyanonymous has much to be proud ofguyanonymous has much to be proud ofguyanonymous has much to be proud ofguyanonymous has much to be proud ofguyanonymous has much to be proud ofguyanonymous has much to be proud ofguyanonymous has much to be proud ofguyanonymous has much to be proud ofguyanonymous has much to be proud of

Device: Ebookwise 1150 / 1200
You do have auto-shutdown turned on right? (I know, stupid question)
guyanonymous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2010, 11:29 AM   #47
adbosch
Addict
adbosch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.adbosch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.adbosch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.adbosch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.adbosch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.adbosch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.adbosch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.adbosch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.adbosch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.adbosch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.adbosch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma; Pocketbook Color 633
If you mean me, yes, it's set to shut down after 10 minutes.
adbosch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2010, 07:38 PM   #48
kgn
Groupie
kgn has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: Pocketbook 302
Quote:
Originally Posted by tvpupsik View Post
Like brainycat I read about 1000 pages weekly with automatic rotation is off and without doing anything with wifi, notes, etc - just plain reading 98% of the time. I haven't charged the reader for about 2.5 weeks (2000 - 2500 pages total) and only one bar is gone so far.
This is the sort of battery life I expected. Mine does not seem to come close to your experience though. My book reading habit is about the same as yours, and I get much poorer battery life. I seem to get down one bar within one or two days - not the 2.5 weeks you are getting.

Still- I have not been able to get a firm pattern yet - I have not been using the unit long enough. I know when I was camping, it would only last me 2-3 days (until 1 bar left, NOT 1 bar down). 2-5 weeks and only 1 bar down would be brilliant! Perhaps my battery is a bit flakey as well? Or perhaps is just needs a few more charge/discharge cycles?
kgn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2010, 12:41 AM   #49
tvpupsik
Addict
tvpupsik will become famous soon enoughtvpupsik will become famous soon enoughtvpupsik will become famous soon enoughtvpupsik will become famous soon enoughtvpupsik will become famous soon enoughtvpupsik will become famous soon enough

Device: PB 360, PB 602, PB IQ
In 99% of cases I turn the reader off and do not use auto shut down option. Also I mostly use buttons when turning the pages and not the touch screen (for reading I don't need a touch screen, I use it with the dictionary though and currently for the experiment I read only in my native language where I don't need to use dictionary).
I read on Russian forum an interesting thing about the way to measure how long the battery will last. If you run a picture slide show, 1 min is equal to 10 pages turns. So if someone really wants to measure the battery life, here are the steps:
- fully charge the reader
- put it into slide show mode
- and count until the battery is empty

Last edited by tvpupsik; 07-11-2010 at 11:29 PM.
tvpupsik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2010, 12:51 AM   #50
adbosch
Addict
adbosch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.adbosch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.adbosch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.adbosch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.adbosch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.adbosch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.adbosch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.adbosch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.adbosch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.adbosch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.adbosch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

If this is true, tvpupsik, than a full discharge of a 16.000 page claim in a slide show set at 5 secs/image should give 1600 images and last about 2,2 hours. Am I right?

I will do this test today if someone can explain to me how to run a slide show (how to put it in picture slide show mode). There is no pop-up context menu/quick menu when I press and hold on a picture or use the quick menu button. I'm using the latest firmware (15.2).

Last edited by adbosch; 07-11-2010 at 03:10 AM.
Old 07-11-2010, 11:35 PM   #51
tvpupsik
Addict
tvpupsik will become famous soon enoughtvpupsik will become famous soon enoughtvpupsik will become famous soon enoughtvpupsik will become famous soon enoughtvpupsik will become famous soon enoughtvpupsik will become famous soon enough

adbosch, I corrected the info - one min of slide show is equal to 10 pages turn. Those numbers were about PB301+ where I do see slide show option while on PB302 with 15.2 I also can't find it Will need to check.

Another interesting point I read there is that file format also matters. 16000 is for natural fbreader format fb2, while formats like pdf take much more energy.
Old 07-12-2010, 12:34 AM   #52
adbosch
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by tvpupsik View Post
adbosch, I corrected the info - one min of slide show is equal to 10 pages turn. Those numbers were about PB301+ where I do see slide show option while on PB302 with 15.2 I also can't find it Will need to check.

Another interesting point I read there is that file format also matters. 16000 is for natural fbreader format fb2, while formats like pdf take much more energy.
OK, a slideshow set at one image per minute, each image counting 10 pageturns implies a show of 26 hours for a device claiming 16.000 pageturns.

I will try this as soon as the quickmenu for pictures is restored in a software update. Only hope that this software issue will be noticed by the programmers and corrected soon.
Old 07-12-2010, 11:42 AM   #53
tvpupsik
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by adbosch View Post
each image counting 10 pageturns
this was a typo in my post that I corrected. They just mention "one min of slide show is equal to 10 pages turn" and this was about default settings in PB301. It has interval more than 1 image per min.
Old 07-13-2010, 02:32 AM   #54
adbosch
Addict

Still it might be a good idea to compare. I understand mtravellerh is very happy with the lifespan of the battery in his PB302. If we both set our fully charged PB302's to do a continuous slideshow at e.g. 3 secs/image (and everything else like wifi, bluetooth, rotation off), and his device lasts way longer than mine, than I will know for sure if I have a faulty battery.
I could at the same time have my Cybook Opus do the same. Might be interesting too.
Old 07-13-2010, 05:12 AM   #55
mtravellerh
book creator
mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB360°
Quote:
Still it might be a good idea to compare. I understand mtravellerh is very happy with the lifespan of the battery in his PB302. If we both set our fully charged PB302's to do a continuous slideshow at e.g. 3 secs/image (and everything else like wifi, bluetooth, rotation off), and his device lasts way longer than mine, than I will know for sure if I have a faulty battery.
I could at the same time have my Cybook Opus do the same. Might be interesting too.
Yes,why not. To be absolutely sure, we have to use the same pics, though.
mtravellerh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2010, 05:58 AM   #56
adbosch
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtravellerh View Post
Yes,why not. To be absolutely sure, we have to use the same pics, though.
That would be the standard photo folder. But first of all, the software should allow the quickmenu to pop-up so we can start a slideshow.
Old 07-13-2010, 07:47 PM   #57
tvpupsik
Addict

Quote:
But first of all, the software should allow the quickmenu to pop-up so we can start a slideshow.
Exactly. I'd like to run the test also, but without slideshow option it is kind of problematic.
Old 07-19-2010, 12:19 PM   #58
tvpupsik
Addict

Yesterday after about a month of reading finally one bar remained on the battery indicator of my PB302. The simple analysis of the books I've read since previous recharge gave the total number of about 11000 pages which is very satisfying
I don't like the battery to be empty completely, so I recharged it without checking how many more pages it could last.
Old 08-09-2010, 04:40 PM   #59
adbosch
Addict

I returned my pb302 last week. Main problems: battery life doesn't need a comparison match; it simply sucked. Also my screen faded in bright sunlight and after reading in these forums that this was a rare production error, I decided that my machine was not the way it should be. Sellers promised me a brandnew unit as soon as they receive new stock. So I'm (im)patiently awaiting
Old 08-09-2010, 06:45 PM   #60
askyn
Addict
askyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.askyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.askyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.askyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.askyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.askyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.askyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.askyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.askyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.askyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.askyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite (11th Gen)
shurg, my battery life on my 360 is no were near what is listed either.

I would love if it was, as it is, I have to charge it at least once a week.

Maybe a bad battery?

I have auto off enabled, 360 disabled ( manually turn pages with buttons ), have Sheep theme on it, and have bunch of pictures that it uses as main screen when it powers off.

I do have a ton of books on a memory card, could this effect the battery life?

If all else, anyone know were I could buy a replacement battery? Assuming that it is the battery and a new one / one with more amp hours would work out better.
askyn is offline   Reply With Quote