Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Apple Devices

Notices

Old 08-04-2010, 03:16 PM   #16
Hitch
Bookmaker & Cat Slave
Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K2, iPad, KFire, PPW, Voyage, NookColor. 2 Droid, Oasis, Boox Note2
Yeah...I use FF's EPubReader as my default reader for epubs (for checking my work in that format), but as this children's book is aimed specifically at the iPad, I'm trying to make sure it looks okay, etc., on the actual device. I'd feel like an utter boob if I issued the book to the client and kablammo!--it looked like the dog's breakfast. ;-)

Hitch
Hitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2010, 03:25 PM   #17
kjk
kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: never enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hitch View Post
Yeah...I use FF's EPubReader as my default reader for epubs (for checking my work in that format), but as this children's book is aimed specifically at the iPad, I'm trying to make sure it looks okay, etc., on the actual device. I'd feel like an utter boob if I issued the book to the client and kablammo!--it looked like the dog's breakfast. ;-)

Hitch
It would be great if Apple would release an iBooks simulator-they seem to have a rather unique way of interpreting the ePub standards Makes testing ePubs without one pretty tough.
kjk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2010, 03:56 PM   #18
Sylver
Addict
Sylver began at the beginning.

Device: The Nook, iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by millionthmurray View Post
Bonus points if it's one that can bypass/ignore the DRM on some of them (many were downloaded from B&N's website).
I downloaded a lot of free classic novels from B&N's website, unfortunately, although they are free, they still have DRM in them so I cannot convert them or read it on other devices than the nook, and I cannot open these epub files on my desktop using applications other than the B&N reader. I dont think you can convert these free B&N ebooks without removing DRM.
Sylver is offline   Reply With Quote