Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Feedback

Notices

Old 12-21-2008, 09:31 AM   #1
nrapallo
GuteBook/Mobi2IMP Creator
nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: REB1200 EBW1150 Device: T1 NSTG iLiad_v2 NC Device: Asus_TF Next1 WPDN
Arrow Download a mobileread.com thread into ebook form...

Hi Alex!

I couldn't find any posts relating to my querry below, namely:

Would it be possible here to download a thread directly into ebook form i.e. .prc or .epub (.html with images)? The current Thread Tools allow you to 'Show Printable Version', but that does not allow any images/pictures to be displayed.

What I was thinking would be useful is something like the Mobipocket Download Guide for an entire thread. This would allow "off-line" reading on one's ebook reading device. Call the tool: "Mobipocket Thread Download".

Have you explored this area already and found it a worthwhile, but albeit technologically hard to do? I cannot use a HTML spider to "rip" the thread webpages as it gets confused and doesn't produce anything useful for ebook use.

And while you are thinking about this, how about expanding this concept to include a "Mobipocket Wiki Download" tool on the wiki side for an entry.

I know, I know,... more workload/monkeys on your back..., but in this age of volumous ebook crafting/building, one would expect the main forum on the matter to truly innovate with ebook creating tools...
nrapallo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2008, 05:39 PM   #2
Alexander Turcic
Fully Converged
Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Too many to count here.
I think this would be possible. Excellent suggestion. Going to look into it.
Alexander Turcic is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-21-2008, 05:49 PM   #3
RWood
Technogeezer
RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-500
I have made a few ebooks from the MobileRead contents and would also love an automated tools. Converting the RSS feeds is easy but an "on demand" tool would make the process easier and far more useful.

Not critical; but, after the forum reorganization it would be a great "nice to have" addition.
RWood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2009, 07:01 PM   #4
nrapallo
nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexander Turcic View Post
I think this would be possible. Excellent suggestion. Going to look into it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RWood View Post
Not critical; but, after the forum reorganization it would be a great "nice to have" addition.
Bump... Is it now almost "after" the forum re-organization?
Old 09-02-2009, 07:12 PM   #5
Elsi
Wizard
Elsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of light

Device: Kindle; Sony PRS 505; Blackberry 8700C
And I want a .lrf and an .ePub catalog. Doesn't matter that the devices can't directly download from the catalog, it would still be handy to load a .lrf file onto my Sony reader & be able to browse through the available books.
Elsi is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-02-2009, 07:27 PM   #6
nrapallo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elsi View Post
And I want a .lrf and an .ePub catalog. Doesn't matter that the devices can't directly download from the catalog, it would still be handy to load a .lrf file onto my Sony reader & be able to browse through the available books.
.. .. ..
Old 06-16-2010, 10:59 AM   #7
nrapallo

"2010" bump...
Old 06-16-2010, 01:19 PM   #8
mr ploppy
Feral Underclass
mr ploppy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr ploppy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr ploppy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr ploppy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr ploppy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr ploppy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr ploppy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr ploppy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr ploppy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr ploppy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr ploppy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: 2nd hand paperback
I asked about something like this earlier today. Best solution I have so far is to use
http://web2fb2.net/
mr ploppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2010, 02:33 PM   #9
nrapallo

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr ploppy View Post
I asked about something like this earlier today. Best solution I have so far is to use
http://web2fb2.net/
I actually referenced to your post when I bumped my post (see the link under the "2010" in my post above) I believe, there's strength in numbers!

I have used HTTrack Website Copier (a great HTML spider/scrapping program) and even calibre's command line program "web2disk", but to no avail. The results are just awful!

It would be much more efficient if the whole thread could be posted as one "page" (with images/avatars and styles) and then perhaps web2fb2, web2disk or HTTrack could effectively allow one to make an ebook copy thereof. Here's to hoping Alex and crew have some "free time"...