Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 07-03-2012, 09:51 PM   #31
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Snatched By Pamela Burford at Smashwords with coupon: SSW75 for 75% off.
It's $5.99 at Amazon so $1.50 is a good deal! It seems to be nicely formatted too.

I haven't seen much of anything good at Smashwords July Sale but when I came across this I thought I'd share. Her other two titles are also 75% off with same coupon but I already own those and I bought several of her Harlequins back during the super duper January coupon deal.

Last edited by Blossom; 07-03-2012 at 09:55 PM.
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2012, 10:23 PM   #32
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Driven by Eve Silver is another bargain I came across. I had this one on my wishlist and was getting ready to buy it when I came across the 25% off coupon for it. Coupon: SSW25 which makes it $2.93 that's not too bad!

This is an updated version of the Shomi book that Dorchester put out in 2007. It's a paranormal/SciFi Romance.

I deserve this after buying a book earlier today I bought a year ago. I hate when that happens!
Advert
Old 07-03-2012, 10:47 PM   #33
Wald07
Audiophile
Wald07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wald07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wald07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wald07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wald07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wald07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wald07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wald07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wald07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wald07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wald07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexux7 2nd Gen & Kobo Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blossom View Post
I deserve this after buying a book earlier today I bought a year ago. I hate when that happens!
Oh, man. I hate when that happens.

Did this a few months ago with Tina Folsom's Venice Vampire Series.
Bought them individually, and then the three-pack, because I thought the three-pack was a prequel, as it was entitled
"Venice Vampire: The Beginning"

Screwed myself, and I wasted promo codes doing so.
Wald07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2012, 11:21 PM   #34
library addict
Grand Sorcerer
library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7 2, Samsung Galaxy Tab A 8" (retired=Sony PRS650, Kobo Mini)
Quote:
Driven by Eve Silver is another bargain I came across. I had this one on my wishlist and was getting ready to buy it when I came across the 25% off coupon for it. Coupon: SSW25 which makes it $2.93 that's not too bad!

This is an updated version of the Shomi book that Dorchester put out in 2007. It's a paranormal/SciFi Romance.

Ooh, thanks. Driven was the first book I bought at the Sony Store when I got my reader (the original Shomi version which I also own in paperback) and I have been debating about buying the updated version when there are already so many new-to-me books in my tbr pile.

FWIW, I wrote the author and she said the revised version was about 5000 additional words which includes bonus content at the end and a few new scenes woven throughout the book.

I'm not a big fan of authors reworking their previous books, but appreciate when they are upfront about it and don't try to "trick" readers. I do hope this and the revised Hidden (once it goes on sale) sell well enough that she'll write the rest of the series. I would love to get Yuriko's story.

Gee, sounds like I've talked myself into buying it...
library addict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2012, 12:41 AM   #35
Blossom
Treasure Seeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by library addict View Post
Ooh, thanks. Driven was the first book I bought at the Sony Store when I got my reader (the original Shomi version which I also own in paperback) and I have been debating about buying the updated version when there are already so many new-to-me books in my tbr pile.

FWIW, I wrote the author and she said the revised version was about 5000 additional words which includes bonus content at the end and a few new scenes woven throughout the book.

I'm not a big fan of authors reworking their previous books, but appreciate when they are upfront about it and don't try to "trick" readers. I do hope this and the revised Hidden (once it goes on sale) sell well enough that she'll write the rest of the series. I would love to get Yuriko's story.

Gee, sounds like I've talked myself into buying it...

I have the original Shomi version and Hidden but have not read them. I have all the Shomi books in paperback and slowly picking up the e-versions. Now I know I need to wait till the revised version of Hidden is released. Did she happen to say when the new version is coming out? I'm impatient.

I don't have a problem rebuying a Dorchester book that now goes straight to the author. More than likely they never got paid for the first purchase.

There was another Shomi book that was rewritten by Mari Mancusi. I've bought it twice. The original and rewritten.

Like you I prefer originals and don't care for when authors update their books especially to reflect technology changing. I love the idea that their once was no cell phones or internet. Makes it all the more challenging. Leave those 80s stories just the way they are!
Advert
Old 07-04-2012, 12:43 AM   #36
Blossom
Treasure Seeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wald07 View Post
Oh, man. I hate when that happens.

Did this a few months ago with Tina Folsom's Venice Vampire Series.
Bought them individually, and then the three-pack, because I thought the three-pack was a prequel, as it was entitled
"Venice Vampire: The Beginning"

Screwed myself, and I wasted promo codes doing so.
Yep I wasted a coupon too. Problem was my hard drive went bloop a couple Fridays ago and I didn't have my paid book list up to date or I would have caught it. I spend all today in Calibre getting it current so it doesn't happen again. At least I hope it doesn't.
Old 07-04-2012, 12:45 AM   #37
Wald07
Audiophile
Wald07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wald07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wald07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wald07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wald07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wald07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wald07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wald07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wald07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wald07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wald07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
I prefer originals and don't care for when authors update their books especially to reflect technology changing. I love the idea that their once was no cell phones or internet. Makes it all the more challenging. Leave those 80s stories just the way they are!

Amen to that!
Old 07-04-2012, 01:01 AM   #38
ScalyFreak
Sith Wannabe
ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Galaxy Note 4, Kobo Aura H2O, Kindle Fire HD, Aluratek Libre
Quote:
Leave those 80s stories just the way they are!
I don't know about that. If they take out the make-up, the hair styles, and the white ribboned tights, it might be worth it...
ScalyFreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2012, 01:14 AM   #39
Wald07
Audiophile

Were they using condoms in those 80's stories yet? That IS an important update!
Old 07-04-2012, 02:06 AM   #40
library addict
Grand Sorcerer
library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7 2, Samsung Galaxy Tab A 8" (retired=Sony PRS650, Kobo Mini)
Quote:

I have the original Shomi version and Hidden but have not read them. I have all the Shomi books in paperback and slowly picking up the e-versions. Now I know I need to wait till the revised version of Hidden is released. Did she happen to say when the new version is coming out? I'm impatient.
She just said she was working on it

Quote:
Like you I prefer originals and don't care for when authors update their books especially to reflect technology changing. I love the idea that their once was no cell phones or internet. Makes it all the more challenging. Leave those 80s stories just the way they are!
Exactly. Plus it makes no sense when they update records or cassettes to MP3, walkman to iPod, etc and still have the characters running around without cell phones.

Honestly, their time would be better spent writing new stories IMO.

A technology update isn't the reason for the update/revamp of Driven though, since it's a futuristic book.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScalyFreak View Post
I don't know about that. If they take out the make-up, the hair styles, and the white ribboned tights, it might be worth it...
I don't pay much attention to fashion, never have, so those descriptions don't bother me.

I have been reading a bunch of Krentz categories she whote as Stephanie James and all of the teal sweaters, silk pants, rust colored wide-cuffed sleeves, etc make me smile.
library addict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2012, 02:59 AM   #41
Blossom
Treasure Seeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScalyFreak View Post
As a child of the 80s I miss it. It was a very fun decade. People around here still have hair from the 70s.
Old 07-04-2012, 03:05 AM   #42
Blossom
Treasure Seeker

Quote:
She just said she was working on it

Exactly. Plus it makes no sense when they update records or cassettes to MP3, walkman to iPod, etc and still have the characters running around without cell phones.

Honestly, their time would be better spent writing new stories IMO.

A technology update isn't the reason for the update/revamp of Driven though, since it's a futuristic book.

I don't pay much attention to fashion, never have, so those
Yay! I hope it comes out soon. I agree new stories and leave the old ones alone. There are some books that could benefit from a rewrite though due to constrictions the publisher put on them with a word count limit. There are alot of Harlequins that turn into a summary toward the end that could of been amazing had they more room to write.
Old 07-04-2012, 11:58 AM   #43
CWatkinsNash
IOC Chief Archivist
CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Meebook M7, Paperwhite 2021, Fire HD 8+, Fire HD 10+, Lenovo Tab P12
Quote:
This!

It kills me. And a lot of times you can tell it's just because having instant communication would wreck the story line. But there are perfectly good solutions for that - dead phone, poor reception area, hell, even sunspots would be more believable than the idea that these otherwise tech-enabled characters would just not have any cell phones.
CWatkinsNash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2012, 02:47 PM   #44
Wald07
Audiophile

The radiation! It's deadly! Could render him infertile!!
Old 07-04-2012, 03:39 PM   #45
ScalyFreak
Sith Wannabe
ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Galaxy Note 4, Kobo Aura H2O, Kindle Fire HD, Aluratek Libre
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wald07 View Post
The radiation! It's deadly! Could render him infertile!!
Is that why they're not using condoms?
ScalyFreak is offline   Reply With Quote