Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader > Sony Reader Dev Corner

Notices

Old 05-04-2012, 06:47 PM   #1
SonyReaderT1
SonyReaderT1 began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-T1
Problem with rooted PRS-T1 and Relaunch

I would like to use Relaunch on my rooted PRS-T1, but I have a problem opening PDF files: When selecting a PDF file in Relaunch I get the list of possible installed reader apps to open the file (OrionViewer, RepliGo, Reader), but when selecting the native Reader I get an error message "Ungültige Seite" (in german), translated: "Invalid page" or "Invalid page number" and the Reader does not open the file. When selecting OrionViewer or RepliGo then the PDF file is opened without any problems by the respective application. Creating an explicit file association in Relaunch does not solve the problem, the same error message appears.
De-installing and re-installing Relaunch did also not solve the problem.
I do not have this problem when opening epubs.

With TotalCommander I also do not have this problem with PDF files, i.e. when I select the native Reader as application, Reader opens the PDF without any problems.

Any idea what the problem could be?

Thanks and regards,
Joerg
SonyReaderT1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2012, 11:09 AM   #2
SonyReaderT1
SonyReaderT1 began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-T1
Problem is solved

The problem was solved in a russian forum by Vladimir M. (just search for my username "SonyReaderT1" in the thread):
ReLaunch expects the SD cards in the folders "/sdcard" and "/extsd", whereas on the Sony the corresponding folders are "/mnt/sdcard" and "/mnt/extsd". So in case anybody has the same problem with ReLaunch (BTW: I had the problem only with PDFs on the external SD card!):
  • You have to go in Relaunch (version 1.3.8) to Settings->Advanced Settings->General Settings->Start directory(s);
  • change the entries for the start-directories to "/mnt/sdcard" and "/mnt/extsd" and save the settings.
  • Go back to the file manager/launcher view of ReLaunch and press and hold the "Home" button in the left upper corner.
  • Select the "/mnt/extsd" folder and voila, the problem is gone. From now on you can use the intent that pops up when selecting a PDF file to open the file with the native Reader
SonyReaderT1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-13-2012, 11:15 PM   #3
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
I thought for sure, you'd know the correct forum section to post in. For shame!
JSWolf is online now   Reply With Quote