Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 03-29-2014, 04:31 AM   #1
leftright
Addict
leftright makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplaneleftright makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplaneleftright makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplaneleftright makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplaneleftright makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplaneleftright makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplaneleftright makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplaneleftright makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplaneleftright makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplaneleftright makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplaneleftright makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplane

Device: Kobo Glo
Disable reader stats icon on home page ?

V3.1.1

Is there any way to permanently prevent the reader statistics icon from displaying on the home page?
I have disabled the reader stats thingy under settings, but every time I finish a book the reading stats icon appears informing me that I have finished 0 books, kind of silly and annoying for this icon to display, especially when reading stats are disabled under settings.
leftright is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2014, 05:29 AM   #2
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
If you are a calibre use, my Kobo Utilities plugin has a function to remove most types of tiles and prevent them from reappearing. The latter is done using a database trigger. If you aren't a calibre user, you can create the database trigger manually.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-31-2014, 08:35 AM   #3
Doonge
Connoisseur
Doonge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doonge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doonge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doonge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doonge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doonge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doonge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doonge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doonge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doonge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doonge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Using Kobo Glo under firmware 3.2.0, Calibre 1.28, and Kobo Utilities 1.6.2 (just installed it after reading this topic), I can remove the Stats Tile, but it comes back whenever I finish a book.

Using the 'Dismiss Tiles' menu, I checked all the tiles I wanted removed, and they stay checked when I open this menu again.
Then pushed 'ok'. Tile was removed, but reappeared later (as soon as i finished a 'test' book).

Opened the menu again, checked 'remove trigger' (thinking there was a default trigger within the database). Same thing happened.
Opened the menu again, checked 'add or change trigger' (thinking there wasn't any trigger by default in the database, or that I just deleted it anyway by the previous operation). Same thing happened.

Best regards.
Doonge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2014, 12:04 AM   #4
leftright
Addict
leftright makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplaneleftright makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplaneleftright makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplaneleftright makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplaneleftright makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplaneleftright makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplaneleftright makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplaneleftright makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplaneleftright makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplaneleftright makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplaneleftright makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplane

I haven't been able to reomove the 'stats' tile either.

I was hoping that the guru's here could assist with editing the .conf file (or suchlikes) to permanently prevent that reading 'stats' tile from showing on the home screen.
leftright is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2014, 06:30 AM   #5
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doonge View Post
Using Kobo Glo under firmware 3.2.0, Calibre 1.28, and Kobo Utilities 1.6.2 (just installed it after reading this topic), I can remove the Stats Tile, but it comes back whenever I finish a book.

Using the 'Dismiss Tiles' menu, I checked all the tiles I wanted removed, and they stay checked when I open this menu again.
Then pushed 'ok'. Tile was removed, but reappeared later (as soon as i finished a 'test' book).

Opened the menu again, checked 'remove trigger' (thinking there was a default trigger within the database). Same thing happened.
Opened the menu again, checked 'add or change trigger' (thinking there wasn't any trigger by default in the database, or that I just deleted it anyway by the previous operation). Same thing happened.
Firstly, the database trigger part of the dismiss tiles dialog does not show if the trigger already exists. Selecting "Delete" when it doesn't won't cause a problem. And you don't need to delete it before changing it. Simply select the tile types you want dismissed, and select the options to create or change it.

And I have had a better look at the stats tile. It doesn't seem to work the same as the other tiles. It appears that the tile is created on the home screen separately from the database being updated. This means that the trigger won't prevent it from being displayed. It will mean it disappears if the home page is completely refreshed, but I can't see a way to stop it in the first place.
Advert
Old 04-01-2014, 07:24 AM   #6
Doonge
Connoisseur
Doonge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doonge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doonge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doonge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doonge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doonge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doonge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doonge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doonge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doonge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doonge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Okay, thanks for the help.

I suppose it might get fixed in a future kobo update, because I feel it's connected to an option about book stats in the kobo menu (which I desactivated).

Best regards.
Doonge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2014, 08:28 AM   #7
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

I think the tile getting displayed when you have the stats disabled is a bug. Hopefully it will get fixed.

The fact we can't automatically dismiss it might be a deliberate design decision. The way the utilities plugin does it for most of the tiles is a cheat and it is possible that Kobo might decide to "fix" it.