Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 05-28-2011, 09:17 AM   #1
colibris79
Zealot
colibris79 can extract oil from cheesecolibris79 can extract oil from cheesecolibris79 can extract oil from cheesecolibris79 can extract oil from cheesecolibris79 can extract oil from cheesecolibris79 can extract oil from cheesecolibris79 can extract oil from cheesecolibris79 can extract oil from cheese

Device: Sony T1, Onyx C67ML, Poke 4, Boyue Paper/Likebook
Questions about Kobo Wireless

Hi!
I'm thinking about buying a kobo wireless ereader and I would like to know a few things about the device before I buy it. I hope someone can help
Mainly I want the device to read epub and pdf in a 6'' screen.
- ¿Can I modify the css stylesheet like in sony prs? (specially the font type and size?)
- ¿Do de hyperlinks work?
- ¿Does it have any kind of diccionary?
-¿Any other interesting features or firmwares you think I should know?
Well, that's all,
Thanks!
colibris79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2011, 11:57 AM   #2
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer
DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB 1150, EZ Reader, Literati, iPad 2 & Air 2, iPhone 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by colibris79 View Post
Hi!
I'm thinking about buying a kobo wireless ereader and I would like to know a few things about the device before I buy it. I hope someone can help
Mainly I want the device to read epub and pdf in a 6'' screen.
- ¿Can I modify the css stylesheet like in sony prs? (specially the font type and size?)
- ¿Do de hyperlinks work?
- ¿Does it have any kind of diccionary?
-¿Any other interesting features or firmwares you think I should know?
Well, that's all,
Thanks!
- You can modify the CSS stylesheets by editing the epub but not for DRM'd files. However, there are more size choices already present on the Kobo reader so it is less likely to be needed. Font type is a different issue and it is currently not possible to add external fonts to the device although embedded fonts work I believe.

- hyperlinks do not work, unfortunately so you are limited to TOC entries and goto page numbers.

- It has a dictionary but it does not work with all books, only kepub versions. See the wiki for a discussion of kepub.

- multiple devices can be sync'd for kepub documents so you can be reading on one device and then continue on another.

- The wi-fi is only linked to one store, Kobo or Borders at present.

Dale
DaleDe is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-28-2011, 12:57 PM   #3
colibris79
Zealot
colibris79 can extract oil from cheesecolibris79 can extract oil from cheesecolibris79 can extract oil from cheesecolibris79 can extract oil from cheesecolibris79 can extract oil from cheesecolibris79 can extract oil from cheesecolibris79 can extract oil from cheesecolibris79 can extract oil from cheese

Device: Sony T1, Onyx C67ML, Poke 4, Boyue Paper/Likebook
Thank you very much Dale
Such a shame, I have some pdf with many hyperlinks and they are very useful for me
Is it true that they are suppoused to include this feature in new firmwares?

Last edited by colibris79; 05-28-2011 at 01:08 PM.
colibris79 is offline   Reply With Quote