Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Onyx Boox

Notices

Old 05-08-2013, 06:49 AM   #16
Booxtor
Booxtor
Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: a lot of..
Hi,
we don't claim to be Onyx Europe (or Onyx World). We just try to offer good and demanded products of that young, ambitious, talented but still rather less known manufacturer and do some efforts to offer support, what I would expect from other stores and therefore to advertise for Onyx brand and make it to something you can trust. If we wanted, we could order Onyx Boox with red bezel, with green buttons and yellow joystick, call it "Phoenix" and take care just about our customers. But we decided to help to spread popularity of Onyx own brand. I hope Artatech will eventually also go this way and allow Onyx to open their solutions to others. In this case we could avoid those confusing differentiation of firmware.
Currently updates from Artatech's website onyx-boox.com are available only for their customers, because of some IVONA licensing problems.

Recent updates, which you can now download from onyx-international website directly, are actually very similar to our last updates and can be installed to our devices too.
The difference is mostly in some additional rather minor details (like localization, some fonts, templates, dictionaries, etc..). In our updates we also implement some new features, which are not necessary will be available in updates for some other markets. E.g. in Russia M92 does not have audio hardware, so the new developed TTS will be not available there. In Spain they will get additional shopping app for their ebook shop, which we obviously don't need. But our updates will be still installable in those devices I guess. We don't block it .

Last edited by Booxtor; 05-08-2013 at 07:04 AM.
Booxtor is offline   Reply With Quote