Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Alternative Devices

Notices

Old 12-07-2011, 09:38 PM   #1
NVash
Wandering Vagabond
NVash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NVash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NVash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NVash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NVash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NVash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NVash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NVash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NVash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NVash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NVash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPod Touch
iTouch / iPhone?

I just recently tried to open Stanza on my iTouch and it doesnt work. I have no idea why but Id assume this happened with a software update. Anyone know any apps I can use to read EPUBs on my iTouch now?
NVash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2011, 10:57 PM   #2
benham
Guru
benham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.benham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.benham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.benham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.benham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.benham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.benham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.benham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.benham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.benham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.benham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Palm TX, PRS-505 (BLUE)
iBooks seems to be the reader being authorized by Apple. Sorry about Stanza. iFlow was the best reader I found and Apple dropped them too.
benham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2011, 10:15 AM   #3
NVash
Wandering Vagabond
NVash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NVash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NVash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NVash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NVash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NVash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NVash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NVash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NVash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NVash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NVash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Any idea how I can load EPUBS onto that?
Old 12-08-2011, 02:11 PM   #4
Hoyt Clagwell
Not an Addict
Hoyt Clagwell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hoyt Clagwell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hoyt Clagwell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hoyt Clagwell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hoyt Clagwell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hoyt Clagwell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hoyt Clagwell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hoyt Clagwell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hoyt Clagwell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hoyt Clagwell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hoyt Clagwell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: The blue one next to the fish.
Quote:
Originally Posted by NVash View Post
I just recently tried to open Stanza on my iTouch and it doesnt work. I have no idea why but Id assume this happened with a software update. Anyone know any apps I can use to read EPUBs on my iTouch now?
What version of IOS are you using. The following via Wikipedia may help.

Quote:
On 10 November 2011, Stanza for iOS was updated to version 3.2, fixing iOS 5 incompatibility problems. While the previous version of Stanza was incompatible with iOS 5, Stanza 3.2 is incompatible with earlier versions of iOS.
Hoyt Clagwell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2011, 05:39 PM   #5
Darnielle
Enthusiast
Darnielle knows how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.Darnielle knows how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.Darnielle knows how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.Darnielle knows how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.Darnielle knows how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.Darnielle knows how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.Darnielle knows how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.Darnielle knows how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.Darnielle knows how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.Darnielle knows how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.Darnielle knows how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.

Device: Kobo Vox
If you don't want to update iOS, consider jailbreaking. This will allow you to install the last working version of Stanza.
Darnielle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2011, 06:00 PM   #6
NVash
Wandering Vagabond

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoyt Clagwell View Post
What version of IOS are you using. The following via Wikipedia may help.
I have no idea. I just know that both my IOS and Stanza are up to date because every time I open iTunes I try to update my apps. Also I update the IOS as often as I can.

I think I figured out how to use iBooks but I have to say that it does horrible with PDF's. There's no excuse for this mess. Is there any app that can read them properly?
Old 12-09-2011, 10:47 AM   #7
benham
Guru
benham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.benham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.benham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.benham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.benham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.benham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.benham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.benham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.benham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.benham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.benham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Palm TX, PRS-505 (BLUE)
Quote:
Originally Posted by NVash View Post
Any idea how I can load EPUBS onto that?
Never tried it as I don't use iBooks, but couldn't you add them to your iTunes and drop them from there? Have you tried mobile.ereader.com?

Last edited by benham; 12-09-2011 at 10:50 AM.
benham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2011, 11:16 AM   #8
Darnielle
Enthusiast
Darnielle knows how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.Darnielle knows how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.Darnielle knows how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.Darnielle knows how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.Darnielle knows how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.Darnielle knows how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.Darnielle knows how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.Darnielle knows how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.Darnielle knows how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.Darnielle knows how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.Darnielle knows how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.

Device: Kobo Vox
You can add ePubs to iBooks using iTunes or Dropbox. Direct links to ePubs in Safari will give you the option to add them to iBooks, too.
Darnielle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2011, 07:11 PM   #9
NVash
Wandering Vagabond

Quote:
Originally Posted by benham View Post
Never tried it as I don't use iBooks, but couldn't you add them to your iTunes and drop them from there? Have you tried mobile.ereader.com?
I Googled it and used the Drag and Drop method using iTunes. However I must say this app is terrible.

When it comes to PDFs itll let me zoom but the words become fuzzier and fuzzier. Well if its going to be like that why bother having zoom? EPUBs? Well first it takes forever to load them onto the library. Thats forgivable. You go to read a book, it takes forever to load. Why? You finally get the book open and decide to go to the next page. Swipe the screen, no response. Swipe it again, no response. Does this thing work? When it finally does work of course it remembers you swiped so many times. Now youre five pages further than you should be. Page numbers? What are those? Well thats great. I know I just started but sometimes I like to know how many pages are in a book. I dont even get that option here?

Im not a fan of jailbreaking but I might just consider it because this is ridiculous.
Old 12-11-2011, 08:52 PM   #10
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer
DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB 1150, EZ Reader, Literati, iPad 2 & Air 2, iPhone 7
There are all sorts of threads on this topic in the Apple area of the web site. I am sure you can find a better discussion there.

Dale
DaleDe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2012, 12:22 PM   #11
lucasfernan89
Fanatic
lucasfernan89 can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'lucasfernan89 can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'lucasfernan89 can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'lucasfernan89 can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'lucasfernan89 can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'lucasfernan89 can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'lucasfernan89 can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'lucasfernan89 can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'lucasfernan89 can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'lucasfernan89 can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'lucasfernan89 can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'

Device: Kindle
Jailbreaking is definitely worth even, for more than just downloading readers.
lucasfernan89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 01:27 PM   #12
thomaswoodlick
thomaswoodlick began at the beginning.

Device: iphone 4s
Itouch/iphone

As I do not have full integration into Stanza you will need to manually add the epubBooks.com website as a Book Source. Here are some step by step instructions:

* Open Stanza
* Click the Get Books icon at the bottom of the screen.
* Select the Shared tab at the top of the screen.
* Click the Plus (+) button (top-right).
* Enter a name (epubBooks) and this URL: www.epubbooks.com
* Select the Web Page button.
* Click Save
thomaswoodlick is offline   Reply With Quote