Notices

Old 08-15-2008, 01:37 PM   #1
TetraKM
Connoisseur
TetraKM doesn't litterTetraKM doesn't litter

Device: Sony 505
HiyA

Hello All

I am brand new the format of ereading although I did try it a long time ago on my ipaq coverting my ccna files to ereader format - for anyone who has done the CCNA (the N = Nightmare and the A is a rude word for the time you spend going over all the pages again and again and it means nothing )

But the usual problems occured, could not read on the train due to the light etc.

Love reading comics on my cbr reader and now am hoping to get the new sony reader in 22 days I think is when it is published as Waterstones say.

One this I did try to buy the Iliad a few years ago but I think i was a bit too quick.

For me the sony is not only good for me but for the disabled people I work with across the country as it will give them access to books with limited movement and reduced holding weight.

Here's hoping I can get enough cash toghether to get one before they all sell out.

PS - did a lot of reading on this forum before I joined the information you guys share is phenom

If you want to find out about a great charity look at this one: www.abilitynet.org.uk - for any techies amongst you this is where good techies go off to help others
TetraKM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2008, 01:44 PM   #2
DixieGal
Hi There!
DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
Hi and Welcome!

Kudos for your work with the disabled! I'm quickly losing my eyesight, and my e-reader has been a blessing. As my eyesight fades, I've been able to manipulate fonts in order to make it possible to continue reading. I can not read regular books anymore at all, but have been reading nonstop since I got my EB-1150.

Welcome to MobileRead, and keep up the good works!
DixieGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-15-2008, 06:21 PM   #3
MickeyC
Grand Sorcerer
MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 6 plus, Sony T1, iPad 3
Hi TetraKM and welcome to the Forum
MickeyC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2008, 06:18 AM   #4
TetraKM
Connoisseur
TetraKM doesn't litterTetraKM doesn't litter

Device: Sony 505
Hey Dixie Girl - sorry to hear that your sight is failing - However good news on my Charities web site there are plenty of links to free magnification software and other goodies including a range of free text to speech programs.

Check them out here and let me know how you get on.

http://www.abilitynet.org.uk/athome_shareware

Tetrakm
TetraKM is offline   Reply With Quote