Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 10-01-2011, 05:19 PM   #1
Orn8one
Groupie
Orn8one can illuminate an eclipseOrn8one can illuminate an eclipseOrn8one can illuminate an eclipseOrn8one can illuminate an eclipseOrn8one can illuminate an eclipseOrn8one can illuminate an eclipseOrn8one can illuminate an eclipseOrn8one can illuminate an eclipseOrn8one can illuminate an eclipseOrn8one can illuminate an eclipseOrn8one can illuminate an eclipse

Device: Kobo Touch, Sony 650 and Cool-er
Firmware query

Had my 650 for a year now and still love it. No issues just happy reading. I was wondering if I need to look into updating the firmware before I put my next batch of books on. Are there updates anywhere, none appeared on Sony or google searching.
Thank you.
Orn8one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2011, 08:52 PM   #2
shootist
Zealot
shootist can read ebooks with the screen turned offshootist can read ebooks with the screen turned offshootist can read ebooks with the screen turned offshootist can read ebooks with the screen turned offshootist can read ebooks with the screen turned offshootist can read ebooks with the screen turned offshootist can read ebooks with the screen turned offshootist can read ebooks with the screen turned offshootist can read ebooks with the screen turned offshootist can read ebooks with the screen turned offshootist can read ebooks with the screen turned off

Device: nook, prs-650, prs-350, galaxy tab 2
When was the last firmware released?
shootist is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-07-2011, 03:31 PM   #3
Pinecone
Guru
Pinecone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pinecone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pinecone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pinecone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pinecone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pinecone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pinecone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pinecone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pinecone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pinecone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pinecone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-650, PRS-600, PRS-350
http://esupport.sony.com/US/perl/swu...os_group_id=13

Sony Store -> Support ->Online Support -> PRS-650 -> Firmware

Released 3/17/2011
Pinecone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2011, 05:30 PM   #4
Orn8one
Groupie
Orn8one can illuminate an eclipseOrn8one can illuminate an eclipseOrn8one can illuminate an eclipseOrn8one can illuminate an eclipseOrn8one can illuminate an eclipseOrn8one can illuminate an eclipseOrn8one can illuminate an eclipseOrn8one can illuminate an eclipseOrn8one can illuminate an eclipseOrn8one can illuminate an eclipseOrn8one can illuminate an eclipse

thank you Pinecone, I have only just found my way back to this thread by accident. I didn't know about subscribing. Thank you for the link. I still hadn't found it for the Uk even searching over an hour each day!
Old 10-12-2011, 05:34 PM   #5
Orn8one
Groupie

Oh dear it is the one I found for only USA and Canada. Whre Oh Where is the UK update.
Advert
Old 10-12-2011, 05:45 PM   #6
ScalyFreak
Sith Wannabe
ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Galaxy Note 4, Kobo Aura H2O, Kindle Fire HD, Aluratek Libre
Quote:
Originally Posted by Orn8one View Post
Oh dear it is the one I found for only USA and Canada. Whre Oh Where is the UK update.
Here

Last edited by ScalyFreak; 10-12-2011 at 05:46 PM. Reason: Changed URL to be more specific
ScalyFreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2011, 06:14 PM   #7
Orn8one
Groupie

ScalyFreak Thank you. I have been going round and round for weeks. I nearly downloaded the Sony Reader Library until I luckily discovered it is only for the USA.
Im good with computers, networks, mobile phone but this reader stuff and fonts has me totally stumped.
Old 10-12-2011, 06:20 PM   #8
Orn8one
Groupie

ScalyFreak can you help? I have just read the instructions on the link and it talks about an issue with the Reader Library being open. Does it matter if I don't have the Reader Lib? As I am in the UK there isn't one so I use Digital Editions.
Old 10-12-2011, 06:37 PM   #9
ScalyFreak
Sith Wannabe
ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Galaxy Note 4, Kobo Aura H2O, Kindle Fire HD, Aluratek Libre
I would ignore the Reader Library part. The reason they mention it is because they want to be sure it's not running when you run the update. Since you don't have it installed, you don't have to worry about it.
ScalyFreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2011, 07:15 PM   #10
Orn8one
Groupie

Thank you. That's what I hoped but didn't want to take any risks!
And yes being different is good at helping you and those close to appreciate the good things in life and conquer the rest.

Last edited by Orn8one; 10-12-2011 at 07:20 PM.