Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > PDF

Notices

Old 09-23-2015, 09:09 AM   #1156
kleinjar
Connoisseur
kleinjar can read faster than his screen refresheskleinjar can read faster than his screen refresheskleinjar can read faster than his screen refresheskleinjar can read faster than his screen refresheskleinjar can read faster than his screen refresheskleinjar can read faster than his screen refresheskleinjar can read faster than his screen refresheskleinjar can read faster than his screen refresheskleinjar can read faster than his screen refresheskleinjar can read faster than his screen refresheskleinjar can read faster than his screen refreshes

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by alex2407 View Post
Sorry for asking two questions at the same time (but gotta read the chapters for the lectures =/ ). So here's my question. I cannot enlarge the text on another PDF book (PMed) the link. I tried -odpi from 150 to 560 but the text size remains the same. What gives?
Perhaps you are using one of the options that disables wrapping.
kleinjar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2015, 08:08 PM   #1157
willus
Fuzzball, the purple cat
willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by alex2407 View Post
Sorry for asking two questions at the same time (but gotta read the chapters for the lectures =/ ). So here's my question. I cannot enlarge the text on another PDF book (PMed) the link. I tried -odpi from 150 to 560 but the text size remains the same. What gives?
Worked for me on the document you PM'd me:
Code:
k2pdfopt -dev kv -odpi XXX doc.pdf
(no other options--varying XXX varies the output text size)
What other options are you using? Did you use a non-default "mode" setting?

Last edited by willus; 09-23-2015 at 10:45 PM.
willus is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-23-2015, 08:10 PM   #1158
willus
Fuzzball, the purple cat
willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kleinjar View Post
Hey Willus, thank you so very much for your k2pdfopt. Reading pdf's on my ereader is so much better now.

A little wish: it would be great, when batch-converting many PDFs with wrapping, to have a way to get all the output to have about the same-sized body text.

So: when using k2pdfopt with wrapping, I wish there were a way to directly control the size of text (like setting a median text height, which will scale everything proportionately). -odpi controls text size indirectly but text size can get inconsistent across files of course. Whereas i'm most interested in batch-converting and getting the text to a consistent not-too-large, not-too-small size on the ereader.

(or is this already possible?)
It's not already possible and it's a good idea. Shouldn't be too hard to implement, but I'm just doing regression testing on the next release, so it probably won't be in that release.
Old 09-27-2015, 01:06 PM   #1159
willus
Fuzzball, the purple cat

k2pdfopt v2.33 released

K2pdfopt v2.33 is released. This release adds some feature requests and bug fixes from the past few months. In the MS Windows GUI, I've added the ability to select multiple crop boxes. See all of the other new features, improvements and numerous bug fixes at the web site.
Old 09-30-2015, 12:52 PM   #1160
isaacbh
Connoisseur
isaacbh makes omelettes without breaking eggs.isaacbh makes omelettes without breaking eggs.isaacbh makes omelettes without breaking eggs.isaacbh makes omelettes without breaking eggs.isaacbh makes omelettes without breaking eggs.isaacbh makes omelettes without breaking eggs.isaacbh makes omelettes without breaking eggs.isaacbh makes omelettes without breaking eggs.isaacbh makes omelettes without breaking eggs.isaacbh makes omelettes without breaking eggs.isaacbh makes omelettes without breaking eggs.

Device: Kobo Aura H20
Thank you so much for this new version. I'm already using some of the new features with good results. I'm a bit unclear about the usage of -bpm. How do I translate the color I chose into a triplet that the program can understand? Also, just how big should the marking be so the program will recognize it reliably?
isaacbh is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-30-2015, 08:39 PM   #1161
willus
Fuzzball, the purple cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by isaacbh View Post
Thank you so much for this new version. I'm already using some of the new features with good results. I'm a bit unclear about the usage of -bpm. How do I translate the color I chose into a triplet that the program can understand? Also, just how big should the marking be so the program will recognize it reliably?
For the example that I was given here, the usage would be:

Code:
k2pdfopt -bpm 0,1,0 ...
0,1,0 = r,g,b triplet for a bright green line (red and blue 0, green 1).
A line like in the linked example works for a page break, but it doesn't have to span the page. It can actually just be a green (or other color) dot if you want. Only one pixel of the right color need be found to act as a page break marker.

Last edited by willus; 09-30-2015 at 08:42 PM.
Old 10-02-2015, 03:18 AM   #1162
ephestione
ephestione put the bomp in the bomp-a-bomp-a-bomp.ephestione put the bomp in the bomp-a-bomp-a-bomp.ephestione put the bomp in the bomp-a-bomp-a-bomp.ephestione put the bomp in the bomp-a-bomp-a-bomp.ephestione put the bomp in the bomp-a-bomp-a-bomp.ephestione put the bomp in the bomp-a-bomp-a-bomp.ephestione put the bomp in the bomp-a-bomp-a-bomp.ephestione put the bomp in the bomp-a-bomp-a-bomp.ephestione put the bomp in the bomp-a-bomp-a-bomp.ephestione put the bomp in the bomp-a-bomp-a-bomp.ephestione put the bomp in the bomp-a-bomp-a-bomp.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 3
Yay for the new version, probably the first in the to-do now is starting several instances from the GUI for multithreaded operation on a single file :P
ephestione is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2015, 08:22 AM   #1163
willus
Fuzzball, the purple cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by ephestione View Post
Yay for the new version, probably the first in the to-do now is starting several instances from the GUI for multithreaded operation on a single file :P
I can't promise anything, but I have two long-ish term projects at the moment. One is the multithreading, like you said, and the other is a cross-platform GUI using the fltk library, which I've at least gotten to compile (the library, that is) on linux and OSX and been able to run a simple test case that brings up a window. The multithreading should be quicker / easier. It's mostly just finding the time to do it.
Old 10-02-2015, 05:07 PM   #1164
vintearis
vintearis can read faster than his screen refreshesvintearis can read faster than his screen refreshesvintearis can read faster than his screen refreshesvintearis can read faster than his screen refreshesvintearis can read faster than his screen refreshesvintearis can read faster than his screen refreshesvintearis can read faster than his screen refreshesvintearis can read faster than his screen refreshesvintearis can read faster than his screen refreshesvintearis can read faster than his screen refreshesvintearis can read faster than his screen refreshes

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by willus View Post
I can't promise anything, but I have two long-ish term projects at the moment. One is the multithreading, like you said, and the other is a cross-platform GUI using the fltk library, which I've at least gotten to compile (the library, that is) on linux and OSX and been able to run a simple test case that brings up a window. The multithreading should be quicker / easier. It's mostly just finding the time to do it.

willus thanks for this great program

May I ask why pdf that its produces are so big? I can have PDF 1 mb and it constantly raises to 40mb with default mode to Paperwhite 3. Even without reflow. Is it making jpgs instead of normal text?

Why reflowing is making bitmaps instead of using normal sharp looking font?
vintearis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2015, 07:35 PM   #1165
willus
Fuzzball, the purple cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by vintearis View Post
willus thanks for this great program

May I ask why pdf that its produces are so big? I can have PDF 1 mb and it constantly raises to 40mb with default mode to Paperwhite 3. Even without reflow. Is it making jpgs instead of normal text?

Why reflowing is making bitmaps instead of using normal sharp looking font?
See question #3 in my FAQ. k2pdfopt re-flows graphically, which does not lend itself to using native PDF output to re-flow. It lays out the graphical pieces on a bitmap instead. The bitmap output does have some advantages--it is typically easier to process for the e-books and displays quickly.
Old 10-03-2015, 10:57 AM   #1166
willus
Fuzzball, the purple cat

k2pdfopt v2.33a released

K2pdfopt v2.33a is released. This release fixes the missing preview page control in the MS Windows GUI. Download at the web site.
Old 10-03-2015, 08:23 PM   #1167
loviedovie
Addict
loviedovie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.loviedovie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.loviedovie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.loviedovie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.loviedovie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.loviedovie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.loviedovie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.loviedovie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.loviedovie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.loviedovie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.loviedovie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: bookeen
Hi

What is the commandline for opening a book in the gui? when I pass a fiule name to the exe it starts processing without opening the gui.

thanks
loviedovie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2015, 09:42 PM   #1168
willus
Fuzzball, the purple cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by loviedovie View Post
Hi

What is the commandline for opening a book in the gui? when I pass a fiule name to the exe it starts processing without opening the gui.

thanks
Code:
k2pdfopt -gui ...
Old 10-03-2015, 10:46 PM   #1169
loviedovie
Addict
loviedovie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.loviedovie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.loviedovie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.loviedovie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.loviedovie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.loviedovie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.loviedovie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.loviedovie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.loviedovie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.loviedovie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.loviedovie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: bookeen
Quote:
Originally Posted by willus View Post
Code:
k2pdfopt -gui ...
Thanks, that works.

If anyone is interested in being able to call k2pdfopt gui within Calibre under Linux to process the currently selected pdf book try my solution.

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...&postcount=271

Last edited by loviedovie; 10-03-2015 at 10:51 PM.
loviedovie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2015, 12:33 PM   #1170
willus
Fuzzball, the purple cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by loviedovie View Post
Thanks, that works.

If anyone is interested in being able to call k2pdfopt gui within Calibre under Linux to process the currently selected pdf book try my solution.

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...&postcount=271
I have added a link to this post on my contrib page under the Wine section.

Tags
ebook apps, k5 tools, kindle tools, kindle touch, tools