Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Recipes

Notices

Old 02-07-2011, 05:54 PM   #1
SteveMW
SteveMW began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Receipe Request: Media Guardian

Hi I'm new, both to The Kindle and Calibre

I've been downloading The Guardian for about a week and noticed that Monday's Media Guardian section isn't included. I've made myself a very basic recipe, using the "Completely Automatic Fetching" method in Calibre's tutorial. It works, although without the images (haven't got that far yet.)

My request, is can the Media Guardian section be added to the main Guardian recipe. From what I've see so far, it is the only printed section that isn't in the recipe.

The Feed URL is http://www.guardian.co.uk/theguardian/mediaguardian/rss
SteveMW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2011, 05:55 PM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
the builtin guardian recipe doesn't use RSS so adding a feed to it is not possible.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-07-2011, 06:17 PM   #3
SteveMW

Ok. Well obviously I don't know anything about recipes yet, or where on The Guardian's website the standard recipe actually gets its content from. But Monday's Media Section stories are published in non-RSS format here.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/theguardia.../mediaguardian
Old 02-07-2011, 08:43 PM   #4
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
That is certainly more useful, hopefully the author of that recipe will see your post and modify the recipe accordingly.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2011, 01:24 PM   #5
harold1066
harold1066 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3
I'm using Calibre 0.7.40 and the Guardian recipe on there downloads the media Guardian section, yesterday was about 7 or so articles.

Don't know if 0.7.44 has a different recipe
harold1066 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-08-2011, 02:18 PM   #6
SteveMW

Thanks Harold. I'm using 0.7.43 and I can't find anything in the Release notes about a change to the recipe since 0.7.40.

I think I know what's going on, and its nothing to do with the recipe. I think The Guardian are publishing the Media Guardian articles too late. I ran the recipe at 5am GMT. The Media Guardian articles were published at 7am, which is a bit of a shame. The articles in the other sections were published much earlier and downloaded ok.

I'll try downloading later next Monday and see what happens.