Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > News

Notices

Old 09-14-2009, 03:43 PM   #1
kennyc
The Dank Side of the Moon
kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle2; Kindle Fire
Slashdot Poll on EReaders

Front page and:

http://slashdot.org/pollBooth.pl
kennyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2009, 04:21 PM   #2
igorsk
Wizard
igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-500/505/700, Kindle, Cybook Gen3, Words Gear
Direct link: http://slashdot.org/pollBooth.pl?qid=1851
So many of the comments make me

I did like this short overview of Russian ebook market:
http://slashdot.org/comments.pl?sid=...7&cid=29390517
igorsk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2009, 04:35 PM   #3
kennyc
kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Yep! Thanks for the mo' better link!

I hope the U.S. market gets more like the Russian one!
Old 09-14-2009, 11:54 PM   #4
John Bailey
Connoisseur
John Bailey doesn't litterJohn Bailey doesn't litter

Device: Cybook Gen 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by igorsk View Post
So many of the comments make me
Well.. It is slashdot. What did you expect? reasonable discourse?

John Bailey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2009, 05:39 AM   #5
krischik
Addict
krischik can extract oil from cheesekrischik can extract oil from cheesekrischik can extract oil from cheesekrischik can extract oil from cheesekrischik can extract oil from cheesekrischik can extract oil from cheesekrischik can extract oil from cheesekrischik can extract oil from cheesekrischik can extract oil from cheese

Device: P990i, PRS 505
Running for a Day

The poll has run for a day and the results are:

Will never lure me from my paper books! 6838 votes / 24%
Are pretty neat, but not yet compelling enough to buy. 13930 votes / 50%
Nearly have me, but I haven't actually bought one yet. 3299 votes / 11%
I have a Kindle. 916 votes / 3%
I have a non-Kindle e-book reader. 1766 votes / 6%
What are 'paper books'? 905 votes / 3%

Emphasis mine.
krischik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2009, 05:46 AM   #6
LDBoblo
Wizard
LDBoblo exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverLDBoblo exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverLDBoblo exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverLDBoblo exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverLDBoblo exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverLDBoblo exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverLDBoblo exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverLDBoblo exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverLDBoblo exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverLDBoblo exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverLDBoblo exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcover

Device: Kindle 3 WiFi, Sony PRS-505
Quote:
Originally Posted by krischik View Post

Emphasis mine.
We'll see how that changes when the next gen of ebook readers comes with a built-in webcam and user-configurable page-turn sounds!
LDBoblo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2009, 06:30 AM   #7
kennyc

Quote:

Emphasis mine.

Right and this is on a "geek" site. I'd think the numbers are incredibly lower for the population at large.
Old 09-15-2009, 08:51 AM   #8
Abecedary
Exwyzeeologist
Abecedary could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Abecedary could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Abecedary could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Abecedary could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Abecedary could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Abecedary could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Abecedary could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Abecedary could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Abecedary could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Abecedary could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Abecedary could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.

Device: :PRS-505::iPod touch:
Quote:

Emphasis mine.
First, the poll was up since Thursday of last week. Second, slashdot polls are notoriously famous for allowing you to vote multiple times. Third, it's slashdot, so it's reasonable to expect that a lot of the people there have no idea what they're talking about (just look at the comments). Hey, I love the site and frequent it almost daily, but I'm well aware of its shortcomings, and most notably, the shortcomings of many of the other people that visit there.
Abecedary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2009, 02:24 AM   #9
krischik
Addict
krischik can extract oil from cheesekrischik can extract oil from cheesekrischik can extract oil from cheesekrischik can extract oil from cheesekrischik can extract oil from cheesekrischik can extract oil from cheesekrischik can extract oil from cheesekrischik can extract oil from cheesekrischik can extract oil from cheese

Device: P990i, PRS 505
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by kennyc View Post
Right and this is on a "geek" site. I'd think the numbers are incredibly lower for the population at large.
Actually I wanted to emphasis something else: Two percentages and one twice the other. If I wanted to highlight eBooks at a hole I would have highlighted the comic relive as well - because those 3% are eBook users as well.
krischik is offline   Reply With Quote