Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Archive > Mobile Sites

Notices

Old 02-15-2004, 09:10 AM   #1
rbentley101
rbentley101 began at the beginning.

Hollywood.com

My Hollywood.com listings no longer work. I see that the site has a + indicating it must be customized. I have added my zip code, is there something else i must do to get it to work?

Thanks.
Old 02-15-2004, 03:02 PM   #2
Alexander Turcic
Fully Converged
Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Too many to count here.
Yes, replacing the ZIP code should normally be sufficient. So in

http://www.hollywood.com/avantgo/mov...earchradius=20

... replace xxxxx with your ZIP. If it doesn't work, could you give me your ZIP code, and I will try to add it myself.

Alex
Old 02-15-2004, 11:55 PM   #3
rbentley101

Alexander, This link use to work for me but now it takes an extrodinary long time to D/l, it almost seems to hang up. Alothough the movie list eventually downloads, whenever I click on an movie to see the theaters and times I get this message: The hyperlink does not resolve to any location in the document".

The link I am using is: http://www.hollywood.com/avantgo/mov...earchradius=10. This is my correct zipcode.

Any idea what is happening?

Thanks.
Old 02-16-2004, 02:41 AM   #4
Alexander Turcic
Fully Converged
Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I think they are having a major server issue. We should wait a couple of days to see if the situation improves again.

Alex
Old 02-20-2004, 11:04 AM   #5
rbentley101

I am still having a problem with Hollywood.com showtimes listings. It use to work just fine, but I have been having problems all this month. Is anyone else getting this to work?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexander
I think they are having a major server issue. We should wait a couple of days to see if the situation improves again.

Alex
Old 02-20-2004, 12:33 PM   #6
Alexander Turcic
Fully Converged

They are having problems. Even Avantgo acknowledges problems with Hollywood.com:
http://www.avantgo.com/support/mobile_support/
Old 12-11-2004, 05:55 PM   #7
thereverendj
thereverendj began at the beginning.

Device: ique3600
I have emailed them about this, but I do not think they care to maintain this server anymore. I use yahoo with exclusion filters to get the theatre listings I want now.
Old 12-11-2004, 06:22 PM   #8
Bob Russell
Recovering Gadget Addict
Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
You can get US movie listings from my.yahoo as an alternative.
Once you determine your 4-digit theater number, you can use...
http://movies.yahoo.com/showtimes/theater?id=####

Might be a little messy on the screen (I use link depth 1 so I get some movie detail also), but it gets the job done for me.

Gee wiz, why doesn't the movie industry themselves put movie listings coveniently on the web for convenient and free pda/smartphone use anyway? Don't they want to encourage us to go to movies!!?? Unfortunately everyone seems to be $$ chasing using incremental content and access charges.