Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 11-06-2012, 12:42 PM   #16
Suzanna
Living in the past
Suzanna ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Suzanna ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Suzanna ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Suzanna ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Suzanna ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Suzanna ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Suzanna ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Suzanna ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Suzanna ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Suzanna ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Suzanna ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura HD, Kobo Arc
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mhtsos View Post
Yesterday night I was reading for 2.5h with light on(minimum) and the battery drained ~1%.
That is pretty much what I have experienced every time the last 1.5 weeks of use.
Maybe a faulty batch or software bug drains you battery so much?

btw:No SD,no WiFi on.Epub file size ~1Mb.
This has pretty much been my experience, too (no SD, no WiFi as well, light pretty much on even during the day.) I've been shocked at how long the battery life is holding out on the Glo.
Suzanna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 06:08 PM   #17
jackastor
Wizard
jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iphone stanza, kobo touch,ASUS TF300,KOBO GLO, Kobo Aura HD, Kobo Mini
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterT View Post
Do you have an SD card in the Glo?
I very much doubt your sd card is the porblem at all, assuming you have one installed. It does sound very much like a defective battery which would make sense if Kobo has changed the manufacture of the battery to different company. I would recommend that You Contact Kobo Customer support.

Good luck

Jack

Last edited by jackastor; 11-07-2012 at 06:12 PM. Reason: sp
jackastor is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-05-2015, 09:21 PM   #18
susaz
Zealot
susaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Color, Grammata Papyre 6.2, Sony PRS T1, Nook ST Glow,Kobo Glo
I know this is an old thread, and I'm wondering if this problem goes on. My Glo has been going through some serious problems, so I left it behind and used my old Nook ST Glow. Everything goes well until the battery hits the 50% mark. Then it simply won't turn on again. But leaving it overnight with 100% battery and waking up next morning with a completely unresponsive reader makes it unreliable for almost all situations. Even with firmware 3.12.1 as we speak is no good. I've changed the battery for a new one, and the problem persists, so I have to say it's either the SD reader or the software.
susaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2015, 11:27 AM   #19
Fozziebear40
Fozziebear40 began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Libra H2O
Seeing this thread resurrected, I have just bought an Aura H2O, charged fully 100% yesterday.

I read for 15 minutes last night. light on 10%, checked today and battery on 81%!! WiFi was on and an SD card installed. Only 2 books on at moment. I will turn Wifi off now and look tomorrow.
Fozziebear40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2015, 05:28 PM   #20
murg
No Comment
murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo: Not just an eReader, it's an adventure!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fozziebear40 View Post
Seeing this thread resurrected, I have just bought an Aura H2O, charged fully 100% yesterday.

I read for 15 minutes last night. light on 10%, checked today and battery on 81%!! WiFi was on and an SD card installed. Only 2 books on at moment. I will turn Wifi off now and look tomorrow.
It may take a couple of run-down and charge cycles to calibrate the battery.
murg is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-08-2015, 01:05 PM   #21
oren64
I need a chapter break
oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo
delete

Last edited by oren64; 05-08-2015 at 01:18 PM.
oren64 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
glo freezing