Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader > Sony Reader Dev Corner

Notices

Old 10-21-2011, 03:41 PM   #1
rtrsqrrl
rtrsqrrl began at the beginning.

Device: PRS-T1
Smile Rooted: Installation packages

Hi,

boroda from the-ebook.org forum / porkupan at mobileread has uploaded the pakages to root the prs-t1.

Google translation from Russian to English: http://goo.gl/ny1WS

Original link (Russian): http://www.the-ebook.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=21458

Have Fun
rtrsqrrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2011, 12:02 AM   #2
Nate the great
Sir Penguin of Edinburgh
Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Shake a stick plus 1
Does anyone have any photos showing the hack running on your T1? I'd love to see it.
Nate the great is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-22-2011, 02:06 AM   #3
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nate the great View Post
Does anyone have any photos showing the hack running on your T1? I'd love to see it.
Here is a early look at it.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2011, 08:18 AM   #4
log
log ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.log ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.log ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.log ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.log ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.log ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.log ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.log ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.log ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.log ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.log ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-T1
Thanks for update but honestly I think people should hold off until porkupan or someone from the project posts it.

Maybe there is a reason why he has not posted it here yet and is still working on it.
log is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2011, 08:33 AM   #5
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by log View Post
Thanks for update but honestly I think people should hold off until porkupan or someone from the project posts it.
Porkupan is the one posting it to the web. The link above points to his official release. This is where he has always released his hacks.

Quote:
PRS-T1 Android rooting (packages)

So, I offer you several packages (commercial use is prohibited, except where noted):
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-22-2011, 09:03 AM   #6
rtrsqrrl
rtrsqrrl began at the beginning.

Quote:

Maybe there is a reason

Honestly I think you should let people make their own decisions.

As dwanthny said the official release is linked and everyone can use it if they understand Russian or are able to use google translate.

To clarify can doesn't mean you must.
Everyone is responsible for their own actions.

Last edited by rtrsqrrl; 10-22-2011 at 10:16 AM.
rtrsqrrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2011, 11:09 AM   #7
Nate the great
Sir Penguin of Edinburgh
Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwanthny View Post
Here is a early look at it.
I'd already seen that, thanks.

I was hoping to see what it looked like on other T1s. But never mind, I just hacked the t1 I bought today.
Old 10-22-2011, 01:06 PM   #8
kacir
Wizard
kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PocketBook 360, before it was Sony Reader, cassiopeia A-20
Quote:
Maybe there is a reason why he has not posted it here yet
Yes, there *is* reason. Boroda aka porkupan prefers to post such stuff on Russian speaking forum.
If you go to his post on the-ebook.org forrum, you might notice that files offered for download are hosted on MobileRead servers.
http://projects.mobileread.com/reade...porkupan/PRST1

I personally, would wait a few days and read first reports. Fortunately there are enough people that are [ knowledgeable | impatient | brave | foolish | rich | desperate ] enough to try it first.
kacir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2011, 03:33 PM   #9
Nate the great
Sir Penguin of Edinburgh

It seems to work okay:

http://www.the-digital-reader.com/20...now-available/
Old 10-22-2011, 11:10 PM   #10
Nate the great
Sir Penguin of Edinburgh

Has anyone installed any apps yet? I tried and failed.
Old 10-23-2011, 12:35 AM   #11
porkupan
Fanatic
porkupan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.porkupan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.porkupan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.porkupan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.porkupan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.porkupan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.porkupan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.porkupan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.porkupan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.porkupan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.porkupan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Reader
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nate the great View Post
Has anyone installed any apps yet? I tried and failed.
The newly uploaded Minimal Set-2 should allow for package installation. Previously you had to copy the APK directly into /data/app (either via ebook_msc, or via some file manager, i.e. Root Explorer) in order to install them.

Or you could use ADB to install packages. Now it should be easier for you to install packages from SD or "main memory", or via Dropbox.
porkupan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2011, 01:46 AM   #12
greatyay
greatyay began at the beginning.

Quote:
Originally Posted by porkupan View Post
The newly uploaded Minimal Set-2 should allow for package installation. Previously you had to copy the APK directly into /data/app (either via ebook_msc, or via some file manager, i.e. Root Explorer) in order to install them.

Or you could use ADB to install packages. Now it should be easier for you to install packages from SD or "main memory", or via Dropbox.
Thanks for your great work!!
I am eager to try it, though I am still waiting for my reader to be shipped.
Will it be a problem if I don't know russian at all? (Russian UI?)
And does the hack come along with the support of ePub/text files in UTF8/Unicode format?
greatyay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2011, 03:36 AM   #13
kacir
Wizard
kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PocketBook 360, before it was Sony Reader, cassiopeia A-20
Quote:
The newly uploaded ...
You are my hero.
I will send you a note when I buy PRS-T1, so you can ask commission from Sony company ;-)
kacir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2011, 08:51 AM   #14
Nate the great
Sir Penguin of Edinburgh

Quote:

I just installed the new firmware. Root explorer still crashes when I try to install anything.

BTW, I also have 2 ADW Launcher options as home screens.

Update: I have the Kindle app installed, registered, and with ebooks downloaded.

It turns out that I had to go back to the restore firmware and then install the new firmware. That extra step fixed my problem.

Last edited by Nate the great; 10-23-2011 at 09:10 AM.
Old 10-23-2011, 01:13 PM   #15
EowynCarter
Wizard
EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybooks; Sony PRS-T1
Where did you got the kindle akp ? the version on slide me is old.

Aldiko coudn't install, neither could mantano. Too bad. I wish the message was more explanatory than "app wasn't installed".
EowynCarter is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
android, prs-t1, root, rooted, sony