Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Barnes & Noble NOOK

Notices

Old 08-12-2011, 01:07 PM   #31
brudigia
Evangelist
brudigia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brudigia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brudigia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brudigia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brudigia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brudigia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brudigia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brudigia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brudigia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brudigia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brudigia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPAD AirPro M1 12.9, Kindle Scribe, Kobo Elipsa, iPhone XV
Quote:
Originally Posted by afv011 View Post
You do not have to reboot it. The nook STR will download the update in the background if WiFi is on. Then, when it is not used, it will apply the update and reboot itself, so you will most likely not notice, unless you are looking at it when it happens to restart itself (it will show a splash screen telling you that it is applying the update).
It is exactly so. As I said I did not see what happened. If you really want to reboot, for whatever reason, there is the soft reset option (holding the power button for about 20 seconds, look in the manual). Careful with that, as you risk losing your shelves' content.
Still, you do not need it, from that point of view the update is very easy, it performs itselfs automatically.
Probably the opposite is true, should you wish not to update, that could be' a small problem.
brudigia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2011, 01:47 PM   #32
Ryvyan
I read what I want.
Ryvyan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ryvyan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ryvyan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ryvyan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ryvyan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ryvyan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ryvyan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ryvyan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ryvyan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ryvyan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ryvyan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone XS, iPhone 6, Kobo Clara
I did a manual update and it turned out perfect. The touchscreen is definitely quicker to react now, even though I didn't exactly have complaints before.

Wish there was a % to the battery meter at the top bar instead of having to access it from settings though. I did plenty of reading on a daily basis prior, then had the Nook's battery die on me while I was waiting for a friend because I forgot about the battery. Luckily I was working on my Macbook that day, but that meant I was stuck at Starbucks continuing my reading on it (oh dear, pretentious device in a pretentious place).
Ryvyan is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-13-2011, 02:08 PM   #33
moza
moza began at the beginning.

Device: nook 2e
I'm one of those users who's had a problem with the touch screen freezing on me, and matters have definitely improved since I installed the update - I think it's done it once since I installed, rather than daily! Worth it for me.
moza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2011, 10:48 PM   #34
Dedale
Guest Star
Dedale knows what is on the back of the AURYN.Dedale knows what is on the back of the AURYN.Dedale knows what is on the back of the AURYN.Dedale knows what is on the back of the AURYN.Dedale knows what is on the back of the AURYN.Dedale knows what is on the back of the AURYN.Dedale knows what is on the back of the AURYN.Dedale knows what is on the back of the AURYN.Dedale knows what is on the back of the AURYN.Dedale knows what is on the back of the AURYN.Dedale knows what is on the back of the AURYN.

Device: Sony PRS-700, Nook STR
For those who have not dealt with the update yet.
I was in the middle of a sideloaded book. I let the device in sleep mode, when I came back, I was on the main menu, the update was done but my Nook has lost my page, so you might just like to bookmark your page before updating
Dedale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2011, 09:38 AM   #35
djordje
Sleepless
djordje began at the beginning.

Device: prs600, kindle 3 3g, nook 2
Same here. The touchscreen is lightning fast now The reader is obviously truer to the advertising hype before its release. Let's see how the advertised battery life fares now. I'd been getting only about 12 days or so before with 3 hrs of reading per day...

Worthwhile update, to be sure.
djordje is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-19-2011, 12:48 AM   #36
Ubermensch
Connoisseur
Ubermensch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ubermensch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ubermensch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ubermensch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ubermensch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ubermensch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ubermensch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ubermensch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ubermensch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ubermensch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ubermensch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook STR
Glad to see that Barnes & Noble is somewhat listening to their customers. Maybe in the future they'll add landscape mode and a better PDF experience?
Ubermensch is offline   Reply With Quote