Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Ectaco jetBook

Notices

Old 12-09-2010, 09:35 AM   #16
luqmaninbmore
Da'i
luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Toshiba Thrive, Kobo Touch, Kindle 1, Aluratek Libre, T-Mobile Comet
Does the JB Mini have either search or go to page functionality?
luqmaninbmore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2010, 12:19 AM   #17
Kris777
Banned
Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, jetBook-Lite, jetBook mini, Toshiba Thrive, JETBOOK COLOR
Quote:
Originally Posted by luqmaninbmore View Post
Does the JB Mini have either search or go to page functionality?
>Does the JB Mini have either search

No, maybe they will add it in the future firmware

>or go to page functionality?

Yes, it has "jump to page" feature

Jetbook mini also has bookmarks and remember the last page where you stopped reading
Kris777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-10-2010, 08:30 PM   #18
Flyingredgoat
Flyingredgoat is on a distinguished road

Device: Jetbook mini / Handspring Visor
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken Maltby View Post
If the low power Jetbook Mini can have a few games, why not the other Jetbooks?

Luck;
Ken
Kinda makes me wonder if it's low power after all. Maybe they just whipped up something to make it run. After all they developed it in just three months.

Besides, Ectaco would never admit to low power, or hasty development. Who knows, maybe a few updates will work miracles.

FRG
Flyingredgoat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2010, 12:11 AM   #19
Ken Maltby
Wizard
Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Note2, AuraHD, PDA,
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyingredgoat View Post
Kinda makes me wonder if it's low power after all. Maybe they just whipped up something to make it run. After all they developed it in just three months.

Besides, Ectaco would never admit to low power, or hasty development. Who knows, maybe a few updates will work miracles.

FRG
It runs on AAA batteries, for a lot of hours.

Luck;
Ken
Ken Maltby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2010, 10:53 PM   #20
GA Russell
Montreal wins Grey Cup!
GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite, Kindles 10 & 4 and jetBook Lite
I see that Newegg now has the Mini in blue and gray in addition to black and yellow, all at $89.99 with free shipping.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...n=jetbook+mini
GA Russell is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-24-2010, 11:41 PM   #21
Ron46
Zealot
Ron46 doesn't litterRon46 doesn't litter

Device: JetbookLite, EB-1150, PalmIIIXE
luqmaninbmore- thanks for asking and Kriss777 for response. I was going to buy one of these because all I read are txt files anyway and I'd like to see some of the options like line spacing etc. But NO search function? That takes barebones to a whole new low. I use a comprehensive dictionary in txt format on my JBL (because Ectaco's embedded dictionary is worse than a joke), but it would be un-useable without a search function. These forums sure help to get past the marketing hype!
Ron46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2010, 11:36 AM   #22
demingite
Connoisseur
demingite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.demingite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.demingite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.demingite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.demingite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.demingite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.demingite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.demingite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.demingite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.demingite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.demingite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Aluratek Libre Pro (gifted), Ectaco Jetbook Lite
Which dictionary?

Which dictionary do you use on your JBL?
demingite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2010, 06:04 PM   #23
bookwarm
bookwarm has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.bookwarm has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.bookwarm has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.bookwarm has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by GA Russell View Post
I understood the fellow in the Shopping Network video to say that calibre is loaded onto the Mini. Did I hear that right?
I don't have the mini but that doesn't sound right (i don't think the device has a full OS that can run calibre)... the guy in the shopping channel ommited some important facts (e.g. he said "u can buy the latest book by Oprah" but he failed to mention the you will have to DeDRM it - which some say is illegal - then convert it via calibre to be able to read it on the device) so i wouldn't take his word for it.
bookwarm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2010, 01:48 AM   #24
Ron46
Zealot
Ron46 doesn't litterRon46 doesn't litter

Device: JetbookLite, EB-1150, PalmIIIXE
I use a dictionary in txt format I got from Gutenberg. It is the colossal Webster's unabridged 1913 edition (with a lot of words dropped from more current dictionaries for those of us reading 19th century literature). It is 17,000 pages. I had to break it up into 35 individual text files (took a few hours) named by the first word and put them all in a dictionary folder. At 500 pages per file, they open quickly and I use search to find the word. This is a dynamite dictionary! Every possible nuance of any word is defined.

Last edited by Ron46; 12-31-2010 at 01:51 AM.
Ron46 is offline   Reply With Quote