Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > Workshop

Notices

Old 02-12-2008, 09:32 PM   #1
mollybo
Connoisseur
mollybo plays well with othersmollybo plays well with othersmollybo plays well with othersmollybo plays well with othersmollybo plays well with othersmollybo plays well with othersmollybo plays well with othersmollybo plays well with othersmollybo plays well with othersmollybo plays well with othersmollybo plays well with others

Device: Rocket eBook, Gemstar, and Kindle 3
How to make margins?

I've been playing with an ebook in .rtf, .doc, and .pdf formats. All files look great in Word and Acrobat, but when I do a straight import into Sony's eBook Library (I read books on my Tablet PC while I'm saving for a Sony Reader) there are no left or right margins. I hate the way it looks - I want margins like the books I buy through Sony Connect have. I may loathe Connect with the firey passion of a thousand dying suns, but at least the books look good.

This is my first conversion since my Rocket eBook days. Help?
mollybo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2008, 09:40 PM   #2
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
Don't know anything about what you could do to the native rtf (etc) files, but if you load them into Book Designer & make an lrf you can set the margin size in the make book dialog box (options tab).
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-12-2008, 10:23 PM   #3
mollybo
Connoisseur
mollybo plays well with othersmollybo plays well with othersmollybo plays well with othersmollybo plays well with othersmollybo plays well with othersmollybo plays well with othersmollybo plays well with othersmollybo plays well with othersmollybo plays well with othersmollybo plays well with othersmollybo plays well with others

Device: Rocket eBook, Gemstar, and Kindle 3
Thank you! I had some trouble finding the files, but I've got it up and running now and made the margins. It's made the difference between being all bothered by the formatting and being able to lose myself in the story.
mollybo is offline   Reply With Quote