Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Self-Promotions by Authors and Publishers

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 05-11-2010, 08:39 AM   #31
DixieGal
Hi There!
DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
Congratulations! It is a well-deserved honor for you.
Old 05-19-2010, 12:38 AM   #32
Vintage Season
Pulps and dime novels...
Vintage Season ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Vintage Season ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Vintage Season ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Vintage Season ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Vintage Season ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Vintage Season ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Vintage Season ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Vintage Season ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Vintage Season ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Vintage Season ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Vintage Season ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura/Kobo Aura One LE/iPad Air
Many thanks to all who continue to express interest in my work!

Some new things are in the pipeline, and I am currently in the process of prepping a few unseen stories for magazine submissions and such.

- M.
Old 05-25-2010, 10:31 AM   #33
Vintage Season
Pulps and dime novels...
Vintage Season ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Vintage Season ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Vintage Season ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Vintage Season ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Vintage Season ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Vintage Season ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Vintage Season ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Vintage Season ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Vintage Season ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Vintage Season ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Vintage Season ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

One of my new stories is currently being previewed on The Friday Challenge!

Please see the So you think you can write a story? Prove it! [The Friday Challenge] thread for details.

- M.
Old 05-25-2010, 03:06 PM   #34
badgoodDeb
Grand Sorcerer
badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Palms, K1-4s, iPads, iPhones, KV, KO1
I've just downloaded this story too -- and DixieGal's praise will cause me to try it pretty soon.

Revolutionary War reenactor, huh? East coast probably. I'm doing the same in the North West Territory Alliance (http://www.nwta.com) in the IL, MI, IN region. Long live King George!
Old 05-25-2010, 04:44 PM   #35
Vintage Season
Pulps and dime novels...

Quote:
Originally Posted by badgoodDeb View Post
Revolutionary War reenactor, huh?
Long ago! I still have my old musket from bygone days in The Second South Carolina Regiment, but I doubt it's been fired any time over the past twenty years.

Umm... we fought King George. (I hope you are still willing to enjoy the story. )

- M.
Old 05-26-2010, 12:14 PM   #36
badgoodDeb
Grand Sorcerer
badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Palms, K1-4s, iPads, iPhones, KV, KO1
Oh, I'll enjoy the story! I portray a French settler in the western Michigan area. We didn't really care about King George, but the Fort Michillimackinac British forces conscripted us. So I'm with a French militia (female myself tho, so I don't carry a gun).

I'm glad your side won, in the long run!!
Old 06-24-2010, 02:06 PM   #37
Vintage Season
Pulps and dime novels...

A minor update: "We Don't Plummet Out of the Sky Anymore" now has an alternate cover, to address the difficulty some people noticed when reading the words in any sort of thumbnail view. Subtle difference, but I've posted a comparison of the old vs. new covers below.

If you are happy with the old cover, or prefer it for some reason, feel free to keep your copy as is.

If you prefer the new cover, and want to upgrade your copy—which, incidentally, also fixes two tiny typographical errors within the story!—simply follow this link to download the latest version, in the format of your choice (Kindle, Epub, PDF or LRF).

- M.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	We Don't Plummet (cover comparison).png
Views:	342
Size:	308.4 KB
ID:	54020  
Old 06-27-2010, 02:19 PM   #38
steph_g
Book Lover
steph_g doesn't littersteph_g doesn't litter

Device: iPad, iPhone 3GS
iBooks?

I can't find this in iBooks. Is it supposed to be there?
Old 06-27-2010, 04:01 PM   #39
Vintage Season
Pulps and dime novels...

Quote:
Originally Posted by steph_g View Post
I can't find this in iBooks. Is it supposed to be there?
Hi Steph. It was supposed to be there long ago (and should appear whenever Smashwords next makes a shipment to Apple!), but was initially submitted with lines spaced at 125%, rather than pure single-spaced formatting... and that apparently caused it to get bumped out of retail distribution channels, despite having been approved for "Premium Status" with no difficulty.

This was fixed along with the cover and aforementioned typos.

If you would like to download the fixed version of the *.epub directly from Smashwords, so that you can sync it to your iPad from iTunes, you can get the proper file from this direct link.

- M.
Old 06-27-2010, 05:59 PM   #40
steph_g
Book Lover
steph_g doesn't littersteph_g doesn't litter

Device: iPad, iPhone 3GS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vintage Season View Post
If you would like to download the fixed version of the *.epub directly from Smashwords, so that you can sync it to your iPad from iTunes, you can get the proper file from this direct link.
Thanks, I'll download it there. I appreciate your response!
Old 07-09-2010, 06:51 PM   #41
dreams
It's about the umbrella
dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 505| K Fire | KK 3G+Wi-Fi | iPhone 3Gs |Vista 32-bit Hm Prem w/FF
Thread closed.

Please visit our Author Promotion forum for exciting details about having your personal copy esigned and numbered.
Closed Thread