Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 03-16-2010, 07:22 PM   #1
vivaldirules
When's Doughnut Day?
vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505, iPad
Welcome Back, Tire Sails!!!

Well, someone had to start this thread.

Welcome back, you not-hedgehog!
vivaldirules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2010, 07:24 PM   #2
zelda_pinwheel
zeldinha zippy zeldissima
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: eb1150 & is that a nook in her pocket, or she just happy to see you?
we missed you !!!
zelda_pinwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-16-2010, 07:28 PM   #3
Verencat
Wizard
Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.

Device: xxx
Keelhaul! Keelhaul! Keelhaul!

Welcome back! Now, do you mind getting on this boat, so we can proceed?

(Last post in August...did you miss the attack of the otters? OMG, you missed the otters!, and Christmas! And craziness! Argh, never, ever leave again!)
Verencat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2010, 07:34 PM   #4
tirsales
MIA ... but returning som
tirsales ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tirsales ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tirsales ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tirsales ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tirsales ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tirsales ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tirsales ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tirsales ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tirsales ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tirsales ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tirsales ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505 and *Really* not owning a PRS-700
NOO!! I missed the otters! (Can otters be as dangerous as squirrel? I mean .. they look awfully nice and treacherous!) I'll never forgive me for missing all this

May I use my scuba gear for keelhauling? (I mean - you could keelhaul my scuba gear instead of keelhauling me. Wouldnt this be appropriate?)

And you see - my cheeks are already burning! I've turned off the light for the red shine is bright enough. You just wanna tease me!
tirsales is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2010, 10:23 PM   #5
kindlekitten
Professional Adventuress
kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Olympic Peninsula on the OTHER Washington! (the big green clean one on the west coast!)
Device: Kindle, the original! Times Two! and gifting an International Kindle
all will be forgiven provided you submit a 12 page paper explaining your absence and what your activities have been. by tomorrow
kindlekitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-16-2010, 10:55 PM   #6
montsnmags
Grand Sorcerer
montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by kindlekitten View Post
all will be forgiven provided you submit a 12 page paper explaining your absence and what your activities have been. by tomorrow
He's been speaking in tongues on Twitter. Well, one particular tongue generally, but I don't understand a word of it except that he does it at parties dressed as a pirate (so, at least I know he's got his priorities straight).

Hello, tirsales. Please remember that I only speak English, gibbon, squirrel, and nonsense. When communicating with me, please restrict yourself to one of those (I'm most fluent in the latter).

Cheers,
Marc (who actually found the iPhone software Twitterific's "translate" function to be superb at detecting and translating into English for me)
montsnmags is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2010, 10:59 PM   #7
Greg Anos
Grand Sorcerer
Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook
Quote:
Originally Posted by tirsales View Post
NOO!! I missed the otters! (Can otters be as dangerous as squirrel? I mean .. they look awfully nice and treacherous!) I'll never forgive me for missing all this

May I use my scuba gear for keelhauling? (I mean - you could keelhaul my scuba gear instead of keelhauling me. Wouldnt this be appropriate?)

And you see - my cheeks are already burning! I've turned off the light for the red shine is bright enough. You just wanna tease me!

Speaking of keel hauling, did you read the latest Red?
Greg Anos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2010, 12:14 AM   #8
dreams
It's about the umbrella
dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 505| K Fire | KK 3G+Wi-Fi | iPhone 3Gs |Vista 32-bit Hm Prem w/FF
Welcome back, tirsales!

You were gone sooooo long that
the otters made a book deal!
Click image for larger version

Name:	taggerung_2.jpg
Views:	377
Size:	46.4 KB
ID:	48222
Well, the captain held out.
He loved all the keelhauling
that went on around here,
so he decided to wait for
you to come back!
Click image for larger version

Name:	pirate otter.jpg
Views:	367
Size:	25.9 KB
ID:	48223
dreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2010, 04:04 AM   #9
tirsales
tirsales ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tirsales ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tirsales ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tirsales ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tirsales ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tirsales ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tirsales ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tirsales ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tirsales ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tirsales ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tirsales ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kindlekitten View Post
12 pages? Thats not even enough place for the references, acknowledgement, cover and a couple of charts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by montsnmags View Post
He's been speaking in tongues on Twitter.
Tells something about my state of mind Rolling around on the floor, talking gibberish via twitter, EPA'ing all the way

Quote:
Well, one particular tongue generally, but I don't understand a word of it except that he does it at parties dressed as a pirate (so, at least I know he's got his priorities straight).
Arrr!

Quote:
Hello, tirsales. Please remember that I only speak English, gibbon, squirrel, and nonsense. When communicating with me, please restrict yourself to one of those (I'm most fluent in the latter).
No really, I've speaken quite a lot of nonsense over the past month.

Quote:
(who actually found the iPhone software Twitterific's "translate" function to be superb at detecting and translating into English for me)
Thats actually a pretty good idea .. anybody got an iPhone for me?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ralph Sir Edward View Post
Speaking of keel hauling, did you read the latest Red?
So much too read .. so much work to delay
Link?

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreams View Post
Welcome back, tirsales!

You were gone sooooo long that
the otters made a book deal!
Attachment 48222
Well, the captain held out.
He loved all the keelhauling
that went on around here,
so he decided to wait for
you to come back!
Attachment 48223
Oh my! An otter book! My something-to-top favorit captain! Need to storm the library .. but first let's switch back to my keelhauling gear
Old 03-17-2010, 04:07 AM   #10
tirsales

Eeeeks! I forgot the table of contents, table of figures, table of acknowledgements, table of covers - and the most important one: table of tables!
Old 03-17-2010, 10:14 AM   #11
Greg Anos
Grand Sorcerer
Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook
Quote:
Originally Posted by tirsales View Post
Eeeeks! I forgot the table of contents, table of figures, table of acknowledgements, table of covers - and the most important one: table of tables!
You left off the table with Guinness on it!!!

Here's the bad taste link https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...light=drowning
Greg Anos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2010, 11:22 AM   #12
tirsales

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ralph Sir Edward View Post
You left off the table with Guinness on it!!!

Old 03-17-2010, 11:59 AM   #13
happy_terd
Banned
happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS 420
Welcome back.
happy_terd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2010, 12:11 PM   #14
FlorenceArt
High Priestess
FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Pro 9.7, iPhone 6 Plus
I don't know you (yet) Tirsales, but welcome back anyway
FlorenceArt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2010, 12:12 PM   #15
tirsales

Thanks