Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Self-Promotions by Authors and Publishers

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 05-01-2009, 02:17 AM   #1
starrigger
Jeffrey A. Carver
starrigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.starrigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.starrigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.starrigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.starrigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.starrigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.starrigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.starrigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.starrigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.starrigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.starrigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Lenovo Yoga Tab Plus, Droid phone, Nook HD+
Eternity's End - New Edition

Call me crazy, or maybe it's just May Day madness. But I've just put another book up for free. It's Eternity's End, a novel of the Star Rigger universe, in ebook for the first time!

It was a finalist for the 2000 Nebula, and concerns the search by a star rigger named Legroeder for the lost ship Impris, the Flying Dutchman of the stars. It took me four years to write, and is one of the reason the Chaos Chronicles were neglected for so long.

Come give it a try, from my downloads page. Multi-format, DRM-free.

Paypal donations are warmly welcomed, if you're so inclined. But there's absolutely no obligation.

What have you got to lose?

BTW, molto thanks to "Chaos" Ann for undertaking the huge job of proofing and converting this behemoth into a variety of formats!

EDIT 12/16/2010: The free edition is history, but there's now a low-cost new edition in many of the stores, with a brand-new cover. (See this post for details.)

Last edited by starrigger; 12-16-2010 at 12:19 PM.
Old 05-01-2009, 03:52 AM   #2
sirbruce
Provocateur
sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch, Kindle 2, Kindle DX, iPhone 3GS
You're crazy!
Old 05-01-2009, 06:46 AM   #3
Curly
I need a holiday!
Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.

Device: PRS-505, ipod touch
Thank you!

I enjoyed the Chaos series -- so yet another series to get hooked on.

Happy May Day to you too.
Old 05-01-2009, 06:54 AM   #4
columbus
Wizard
columbus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.columbus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.columbus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.columbus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.columbus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.columbus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.columbus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.columbus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.columbus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.columbus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.columbus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Prs 650, 505
Thanks!
Old 05-01-2009, 07:09 AM   #5
shadowwolf36
Enthusiast
shadowwolf36 has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: Sony Digital
Awesome!! Thanks
Old 05-01-2009, 08:24 AM   #6
JRM34857
Enthusiast
JRM34857 began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-505 / Kindle 3 / Nook Touch
Thanks!!! I just purchased "Dragons in the Stars" during this 50% off sale at Fictionwise. I read and enjoyed all of the "Chaos Chronicles," and now I am now looking forward to the "Star Rigger" series..... I left a Tip...

Rob
Old 05-01-2009, 08:25 AM   #7
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
I'l leave a tip too.

Don't buy GM cars. The company won't be around in a year's time.

I hope you can use that tip.
Old 05-01-2009, 10:43 AM   #8
Xenophon
curmudgeon
Xenophon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xenophon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xenophon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xenophon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xenophon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xenophon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xenophon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xenophon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xenophon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xenophon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xenophon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura HD, (ex)nook, (ex)PRS-700, (ex)PRS-500
I would call you "crazy," but sirbruce beat me to it! Thanks for the book, anyway. I expect to purchase more of your stuff quite soon. Meanwhile, I've been happily recommending your writing to all and sundry.

Xenophon
Old 05-01-2009, 11:22 AM   #9
Brainphart
Compost Power
Brainphart goes to eleven.Brainphart goes to eleven.Brainphart goes to eleven.Brainphart goes to eleven.Brainphart goes to eleven.Brainphart goes to eleven.Brainphart goes to eleven.Brainphart goes to eleven.Brainphart goes to eleven.Brainphart goes to eleven.Brainphart goes to eleven.

Device: Nook ST-1 Sony Reader PRS500(retired but still kicking)
Quote:
Originally Posted by starrigger View Post
Call me crazy <snip>
Crazy like a fox! Thank you so much for your generosity.
Old 05-01-2009, 12:49 PM   #10
Amalthia
Wizard
Amalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beauty

Device: Sony Reader PRS-505, PRS-650, PRS-T3, Pocketbook HD2
Can't wait to read!
Old 05-01-2009, 01:02 PM   #11
Drake
reading everywhere
Drake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Drake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Drake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Drake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Drake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Drake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Drake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Drake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Drake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Drake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Drake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: CyBook Gen3, PocketBook Touch Lux
Thank you very much for that seizure of May Day Madness!
I have already enjoyed some of your novels in german but will give the real stuff a try!!
Old 05-01-2009, 01:12 PM   #12
starrigger
Jeffrey A. Carver
starrigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.starrigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.starrigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.starrigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.starrigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.starrigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.starrigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.starrigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.starrigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.starrigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.starrigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I may be crazy, but I hope not stupid. I was also tired, and forgot to credit the person who volunteered to help proof this big honking manuscript and then battle it through the many conversions to create the multi-format offering. Thanks, Ann! (I have updated the first post with the note. I knew there was something I was leaving out.)

As for crazy or not crazy, I have decided to grab the bull by the horns on this ebook business. I now have 6 books up for free download, and I've been doing pretty fair street-musician's business with people dropping in tips. More importantly, I've acquainted a whole lot of new readers with my work, and I hope that meme will spread and translate to book sales in the long run. And if not, well, I still will have picked up new readers, and not lost anything. (Except sleep.)

By the middle of May, barring delays, I should have 9 more titles up for sale in all the usual places--though fictionwise may be the only one offering them multi-format, DRM-free (oh, and I hope webscriptions, too, though that will likely take longer)--so we'll have a chance to test the proposition that ebooks will sell when offered without DRM (hint hint). In the meantime, Eternity's End will be the only free "Star Rigger" book, so have at it!

Just one book will be left not available as an ebook, and that's Roger Zelazny's Alien Speedway: Clypsis. I'm working on it, but the rights situation is complicated on that one.
Old 05-01-2009, 01:13 PM   #13
starrigger
Jeffrey A. Carver

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drake View Post
I have already enjoyed some of your novels in german but will give the real stuff a try!!
Cool. I knew somebody had to be buying those German editions.
Old 05-01-2009, 01:16 PM   #14
starrigger
Jeffrey A. Carver

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRM34857 View Post
I just purchased "Dragons in the Stars" during this 50% off sale at Fictionwise.
Glad to hear it! If you like it, look for the sequel, Dragon Rigger, in the new batch going up soon.
Old 05-01-2009, 04:18 PM   #15
SteveK
Addict
SteveK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW, PW2, Kindle3, Kobo Glo, tablets, phone
After downloading Eternity's End today and other Jeffrey Carver books previously, today I purchased all 5 of the available Jeffrey Carver books at Fictionwise. I haven't yet read any of the books I've downloaded, but I figured if an author is willing to take a chance by offering some of his books for free, then I'm willing to take a chance by buying other books the author has available.

I now have a fair collection of these titles in my ever-growing "to be read" queue.

Thanks, Mr. Carver!

SteveK
Closed Thread